Friday, July 30, 2021

Matthew 21:21-22 - "Yes He Can"

I woke up during the night and again this morning thinking and praying for some dear friends who are starting the journey of treatments for C. I remember the days with both myself and Doc as we started the journey. There is so much anticipation as you go to both oncologists. You are bombarded with a ton of information and by the end of the appointments you are numb. You feel like you will never get through the days ahead but praise God He is there at all time. He puts people in your path to encourage you and gives you exactly what you need. I remember waking up the day after those appointments and thinking 'Lord, take me home now.' But He didn't. Instead He loved me through the time. He gave me opportunity to share His love with technicians, doctors, nurses, and other patients. I think one of key things in the journey with C is to stay focused on Him. As you do, you will not think of your own problems but more so see what others are going through. We can never give up but instead need to live as He desires. The song "Yes He Can" is on my mind this morning. He can do anything. I was talking with a man last night who has a loved one in Hospice with leukemia. He said unless he gets a miracle his days on earth are numbered. Thankfully he is a believer and will receive a new body when he leaves this earth. That gives comfort when our loved ones leave us. But what about people who are not in relationship with the Lord? How do people get through losing a loved one that was not a believer? We have to pray at some point in time in their life they accepted Christ. Even if it were in their last moments. We have to pray someone, some time said something to make a difference in their spiritual life. It is so hard when you have loved ones who refuse Him. We just have to keep praying for them and loving them with His love. We can never give up hoping for a change in their spiritual life. 

Sometimes I wonder, is He faithful?
Does He see me in my trouble?
Does He understand?
Sometimes I question if He’s able
Can He rescue, can He save me
Again and again?
But when I look back

Did He move every mountain? Did He part every sea?
Yes He did, so yes He can, oh
Did He defeat the darkness? Did He deliver me?
Yes He did, so yes He can

Jesus' words in Matthew 21 are words that can be taken out of context but they are also words that have great meaning. Verses twenty-one and twenty-two read in the New Living TranslationThen Jesus told themI tell you the truthif you have faith and don’t doubtyou can do things like this and much moreYou can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. You can pray for anythingand if you have faithyou will receive it.” God hears and answers all our prayers. We just need to remember they will be answered in His time in the best way for us. He desires to bless us through 'good' days and 'tough' days. He desires to love on us through all of our days. We must have faith in Him and know He will give us what is best for us. Healing may happen on this earth and it may happen in heaven but it will happen. Sometimes healing comes instantaneously, sometimes it comes through doctors and medicine, and sometimes it comes through death. No matter what avenue He chooses He is with us every step of the journey we are on.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the safe travels yesterday, spending time with Crystal and Joy, my car getting fixed, and the privilege to make dinner for my Momma and Rickey! Thank You for the walk Rickey and I took after dinner! I was so tired but knew I mentally needed to get one in. Thank You for the beautiful sunshine this morning! Burrrrr, I did not pack the right clothes for temps in the seventies. Lord, I pray for the homeless in my hometown to be safe with the heat advisory in effect. I also pray for those without working AC's to be safe. The weather is  so hard for so many. I pray Your strength to be with: my friends with oncologist appointments today; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Chrissy; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; the family of the man in Hospice with leukemia; the Pottenger family; Carrie and Chris; Carletta; Mandy Sampson and her family; Norma; Little Ivy's family; and so many others. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.

No comments: