Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Psalm 146:1-2 - "Scars In Heaven"


I took an emotional trip down memory lane yesterday. As I drove through the Glenville area I thought about times I enjoyed being there to see family. Of course, there was also some unpleasant times like when my uncle made the swinging bridge sway as I walked across it as a little girl and the time I had to go over the hill in the dark to go to the bathroom because there were no bathrooms 'on the curvy road'! I was sad to see my grandparents home no longer there. Of course, I haven't been there for so long so it may have been gone for years. I was hoping my cousin would be selling vegetables in the grocery store parking lot but they weren't there yesterday. The day itself was emotional with plans being changed due to little Weston being sick, trying to find a dealership to fix my car, seeing my Momma, etc. I was blessed Rickey was available to pick me up at the dealership. Oh my what fun we had laughing about him getting lost in Akron. I was so afraid he would be mad at me and was pleasantly surprised he laughed it off. What a blessing he is in my life! God is so good with blessing me. It was such a blessing to have His peace when disappoint came with changes in my plans. God always knows what is best for us. One of the things I did coming through West Virginia was stopped and put flowers on my sister's grave. I often wonder why she had to be murdered. Why did God not protect her from death at such a young age? But then I think about maybe her death was protection for her. Maybe He was protecting her from something in the future. I know where she is and am thankful for that knowledge. I often wonder what life would have been like if she were still here. I know we would have been close even though we were ten years apart. I know she would have been someone I could talk to and seek advice from because she loved the Lord with her whole heart. Yesterday as I pulled out of the cemetery the song "Scars In Heaven" came on the radio. Of course, the tears started flowing. 

I know the road you walked was anything but easy
You picked up your share of scars along the way
Oh, but now you're standing in the sun, you've fought your fight and your race is run
The pain is all a million miles away

The only scars in heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in heaven are on the hands that hold you now

Naomi went through so much in her short twenty-one years on this earth. Seizures from epilepsy, marital issues, living in multiple states before Richard was three years old, and then being murdered. I remember sitting in church and seeing her with a big ole smile on her face as she sang in the choir. She loved to sing for the Lord. I also remember her sweetness in her spirit. Oh how I wish she were here to see where I am today. I think she would be proud of me. I only had her in my life for ten years but I still feel a connection to her.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You blessed me yesterday! Thank You for safe travels, a dealership to take my car to, Rickey being able to pick me up since they did not have a loaner car, seeing my Momma, and especially my trip down memory lane! You bless me in abundance! Lord, I pray continued prayers for the day ahead. May You continue to be with me and guide me. May You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, may You be peace in the midst of the storms of life for so many. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Pete and Delores; Chrissy; Carol; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; Little Ivy's family; Jack Rose; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being with Tisha's Daddy for his surgery! Thank You for being My Pilot! Amen.

No comments: