Thursday, July 15, 2021

Psalm 9:1-2 - "Same God"

This picture was taken the last time Rickey came down for a visit. We were driving around the islands checking things out. Some places I had been before but this was one I had not. Driving in this area reminded me of how when the tide comes in this picture would look different. It is so awesome to see the tide come in and go out. It makes me think about how God does it for a reason. He also has the 'tides of life' go in and out for a reason. We may not understand the reason but we can be assured of one thing. God has His reasons for everything that happens and He does everything for our good. These last few days have been emotional for some reason. I think it is because of all that has happened over the last few weeks and what is ahead in the next week. I never expected to open up the church building, have baptisms, be ordained, etc. without Doc by my side. But that is the direction life has gone. I really never expected to ever have someone else in my life but God brought Rickey. I am so thankful God is who He is in my life. I can depend upon Him to always be here with me and for that I am grateful. This morning Hannah Kerr's song "Same God" is going through my mind. 

The same God who makes the planets spin
Tells the tide when it should rise
Put the color in my eyes
The same God who makes the seasons change
Knows the number of the stars
Every secret in my heart

All my doubts, all my questions
In every fear I have about what might happen

You're the same God
You're with me in the middle of it all, God
You're catching every tear as it falls
I know You'll never change
Even when I'm feeling far away
You love me the same, God

I have so much to praise God for in my life. The words to this song remind me how God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We are the ones who change. We are the ones who choose to walk away from Him but praise His Holy Name He accepts us back. He did not give up on me many years ago when I strayed. If He had, I would not be where I am today. David reminds us in Psalm 9 to praise God with a sincere heart and with our whole being. Matthew Henry writes:

If we would praise God acceptably, we must praise him in sincerity, with our whole heart. When we give thanks for some one particular mercy, we should remember former mercies. Our joy must not be in the gift, so much as in the Giver. The triumphs of the Redeemer ought to be the triumphs of the redeemed. The almighty power of God is that which the strongest and stoutest of his enemies are no way able to stand before. We are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth, and that with him there is no unrighteousness. His people may, by faith, flee to him as their Refuge, and may depend on his power and promise for their safety, so that no real hurt shall be done to them. Those who know him to be a God of truth and faithfulness, will rejoice in his word of promise, and rest upon that. Those who know him to be an everlasting Father, will trust him with their souls as their main care, and trust in him at all times, even to the end; and by constant care seek to approve themselves to him in the whole course of their lives. Who is there that would not seek him, who never hath forsaken those that seek Him?

We need to trust Him with every aspect of our life. We may not know where we will be in the days to come but we can be assured He does and it will be exactly where He desires as we live out a life trusting Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being the "Same God" yesterday, today, and tomorrow! Thank You for loving on me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I am expecting great things today and look forward to walking in Your will to experience them. Thank You for phone calls with Rickey that encourage my heart! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me through people, Your creation, music, and Your Word! Father, my heart is heavy for some going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than the hurts of life for a young man who is struggling with addiction. May he come back to You. I pray for another young man who was sent to rehab and pray for him to realize Your empowerment over his anger issues. Father, thank You for Kayla's boys coming last night. I loved hearing "I had fun!" all the way home from church. Thank You for Ms. Nancy who puts so much into her lessons and plants seeds into the children's hearts! Lord, I pray for a physical touch upon: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Jack and Paula; Melanie; Gay and Doug; Mary Lilley; Chrissy; Debbie Dennis; Patty; Wanda; Clay's classmate recently diagnosed with brain cancer; and so many others. I praise You for remission in Little Ivy's body. May You continue to be with her and her family. I praise You for Ben's family visiting my Momma yesterday and for Kathy's retirement! Lord, there are always praises on my lips! Woo hoo! Thank You for being My Same God Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow! Amen.



No comments: