Saturday, July 10, 2021

John 16:33 - "Just As I Am"

The Lord woke me this morning with these words from Jason Crabb's song "Just As I Am" going through my mind.

Just as I am
In the good and the bad
You still understand
That You never stopped loving me
Just as I am
With the heart of the Father
And grace like no other
Oh, You never stopped loving me
Oh, just as I am

I just wanna say thank You
Thank You
Thank You for loving me

I am so thankful God loves me no matter what. He loves me when I am at the top of my game and He loves me when I struggle. Woo hoo! What blessing we have in our relationship with Christ. My heart breaks to see people 'doing life' without Him. It breaks to see people grasping to comprehend life without Him. Life can and is difficult but a life with Christ gives peace in the midst of the storm. It gives His love to bask in when life throws you 'junk' to deal with. A life with Him is one where we are never alone no matter what our circumstances.  

Jason wrote about the inspiration behind the song. “Think about when the Holy Spirit whispered your name. He didn’t say you have to have it together. He called you because he knew there was a better path for you and I. God knows who we can be in him, by his guidance. He loves you and God loves me.” 

I love what Jason wrote about how God knows who we can be in Him. Woo hoo! All we have to do is allow God to work in and through us and life will be just as He desires. The more we seek His will, the more we will realize His will for and in our life. He blesses me every day as I strive to be a blessing to Him. The words of John 16 were some of the last words Jesus spoke to his disciples before He was going to leave this earth. His words described Him living out the will of His Father. Jesus was at peace with what was ahead. We need to realize that same peace no matter what happens in life. Matthew Henry wrote:

Peace in Christ is the only true peace, in Him alone believers have it. Through Him we have peace with God, and so in Him we have peace in our own minds. We ought to be encouraged, because Christ has overcome the world before us. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead today! Thank You for time with Cait and my new friend Tara! Thank you for for my dear friends the Thompson's who took me out to dinner while they were in town! Thank You for the way Rickey encourages me so greatly! You know exactly what I need to fill up my tank and I am so grateful for all the ways You bless me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine brightly with Your love today so people will see/hear You instead of me. May I not miss any opportunity You put before me. Father, I pray Your peace over many who are going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Elizabeth; four friends going through job issues; Mary Lilley; Gay and Doug; Ron Ross; Karol and Owen; Chrissy; Sharon Sebolt; Elaine Laurila's son; Debbie Dennis as she recuperates from back surgery; Serenna's brother; and so many others. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: