Saturday, July 3, 2021

Isaiah 54:10 - "Yes He Can"

Yesterday was such a blessed day. A walk in the neighborhood to start the day off, going to the waterfront to walk, Beedos for a burger for lunch, going to a yard sale and then the antique store, and ending the day cooking dinner for friends. It just could not get much better than that! I loved all the people I blessed with taking their picture at the waterfront. I also loved swinging with Rickey and talking about what we would talk about if Jesus were swinging with us. Jesus is amazing in His creation of all the beauty here in my little world. He is amazing at the way He blesses me in abundance. I woke up this morning to the words to "Yes He Can" going through my mind. 

Did He move every mountain? Did He part every sea?
Yes He did, so yes He can, oh
Did He defeat the darkness? Did He deliver me?
Yes He did, so yes He can

There are so many people who need this reminder. Life has not always been like yesterday full of blessings. I should say life is always full of blessings but sometimes we do not see challenges of life as blessings. Sometimes we only see 'good' things as blessings. God uses 'tough' times to stretch our faith. He uses 'tough' times to make us realize we need to rely on Him instead of ourselves. If life were perfect, we wouldn't need God. Sometimes I wonder 'how much more?' when I go through 'tough' days or see someone else gong through them. But then I remind myself God is refining us to be the people He has called us to be. Sometimes 'tough' days are before us because God is using them for our betterment. Sometimes the enemy comes knocking but we must remember God is greater than anything the enemy puts upon us. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You such a wonderful day yesterday! Thank You for all of the ways You blessed me and for the opportunities You gave me to love on others! Thank You for Rickey being here! Thank You filling my home with laughter last night around the dinner table with Cait, Alex, and the kids! Thank You for taking brokenness and bringing restoration into my life! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May Your peace shine brightly through me. Lord, there are so many going through 'tough' times. I pray they will realize Your peace today in a mighty way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; my high school friend Jack and Debbie Dennis as they recuperate from surgeries; Little Ivy's family; Carrie and Chris; Owen and Karol; Grandma Sherrill as she adjusts to doing life without her husband; the ones in the path of Hurricane Elsa; Chrissy and her family; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for the improvement in Elaine's son's health! I pray continued healing upon him and strength for his family. Thank You for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: