Monday, July 5, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - "Too Good To Not Believe"


Disappointments are a part of life. It is inevitable they will happen but it is how we handle them that will determine our future. We can be sad and sulk in them or we can trust God through them. As humans, it is natural to be sad but we can't stay there. We have to allow God to empower us through such times. I was reading this morning in Jeremiah 17 and blessed by the words of verses seven and eight. God encourages us through His Word every time we read it. In these verses He encourages us to trust Him no matter what is happening in life. As we do, our roots of faith will go deeper and we will receive more of His strength. This reminds me of yesterday's sermon. I shared from Psalm 119 about how we need to trust His Word. No matter what is happening in our life we need to remember we have His Word to open up and receive His wisdom, direction, and love from. We need to trust Him more. This Scripture in Jeremiah tells us the result of trusting Him. We will have hope when life seems hopeless. We will have confidence in knowing God is with us at all time. We do not have to fear anything that happens in life but instead need to trust in God. Woo hoo! We do not have to wallow in pity when disappointments come our way but instead need to trust Him through them. There are times our disappointments are actually God protecting us from something or someone. No matter what the circumstance we must trust God. We were listening to a preacher on-line yesterday afternoon who preached on trusting God. I found it ironic that trust was a big part of the sermon God gave me. That shows God is trying to get me to realize the importance of trusting Him more. I live a life of trusting Him but clearly there must be more trust happening in my life. Yesterday Cait shared the song "Too Good To Not Believe" with me. I love this song. As I sing it, I feel like I could have been the one to write it. 

Yeah
I've seen Your power
And I've seen You heal
I've lived stories that have proved Your faithfulness
And I've seen miracles my mind can't comprehend
And there is beauty in what I can't understand
Jesus, it's You, Jesus, it's You

Yes! His faithfulness is seen in every moment of my life. His healing is received every day of my life. His love is realized every moment of my life. Why? Because I trust Him with every aspect of my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that empowers me through the disappointments of life! Thank You for Your healing touch! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Thank You for two rather quick answers to prayer last night in some fearful situations! Thank You for a great day at church yesterday, a fun afternoon with Cait and the kids, and spending time with Rickey! You are such a good Daddy who loves on me so much! Thank You for being with me this morning as I write what You have given me for the sermon! Thank You for being with many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; Little Ivy's family; Chrissy; Melanie; Carrie and Chris; my school friend Jack recuperating and another school friend going through medical testing; Jack and Paula; Owen and Carol; Debbie Dennis as she recuperates from surgery; and so many others. Be greater than the hurts of life. Be greater than the disappointments of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Root System! Amen.

No comments: