Friday, July 9, 2021

Habakkuk 3; II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 43:2 - "Famous For"

I woke up during the night and again this morning with Tauren Wells' song Famous For going through my mind. 

Make way through the waters
Walk me through the fire
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
Shut the mouths of lions
Bring dry bones to life and
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
I believe in You, God
I believe in You

God is amazing in how He works in and through us. He is amazing in being the Creator of such beauty of nature. He is amazing how powerful He is in working through situations in our life when we allow Him. He amazes me in the ways He takes 'tough' situations and blesses me through them. There are times when I feel like I cannot go on and there He is loving me through such times. One thing we need to never forget is Jesus is enough. No matter what is happening in our little world He is enough. His love is greater than anything that comes our way. His power is always there for us but we first must accept it. Before we can truly stand on II Timothy 1:7 in His love and power we must repent so there is nothing between us and God. The importance of praying for repentance daily is something we must remember. We cannot repent once and it be enough. We sin every day and must repent daily. Sin separates us from God. It does not separate us from Him loving us but it separates us from being able to realize His will for our life. We must repent and seek His will. We must be in relationship with Him where we hear His voice and desire to walk in obedience to it. I was blessed in abundance as I read an on-line article about this song.

In the song, Tauren Wells states, ”I have a hope, found in your name, I have a strength found in your grace.” In these lyrics, we are reminded of the hope that we have in the name of Jesus. Hope is confidence in God’s promises. He is our healer, hope, strength, deliverer, and provider. Consider meditating on these specific promises that come out of Isaiah. Isaiah 43:2 NLT states, When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. This is a promise we can rest in. Cling to the promises of God.  

Woo hoo! When we live with Him as our focus, we will live a life of abundance. Our life will be filled with blessings we cannot comprehend. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Cait who helped me through my time of disappointment yesterday! Thank You for the way You use Rickey to encourage me every day! Thank You for protecting us from Elsa and for being with those who lost property in it! Lord, the physical storms of life are so hard to get through but the emotional storms of life are also hard. As I look back on pictures of last year at this time, the emotional storm we were going through with the cancer in Doc's body was a hard one. I am thankful You were with us every step of the way, encouraging and loving on us. There are so many going through emotional storms right now and I pray for Your peace for them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Chrissy; Elizabeth; a friend in a difficult marriage; Mary with pain; Little Ivy's family; Gay and Doug; Jack and Amy as they recuperate from surgery; four friends with career issues; and so many others. Thank You for another good report for my friend David and for protecting Pastor Brent in his accident last night! I pray for a cleansing in my soul so I can stay focused on You and for Your wisdom in decisions ahead. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Enough! Amen.

No comments: