Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - "Scars"


When I saw this tree last night, I thought of the words of Jeremiah 17:7-8 that were part of my morning time with the Lord yesterday. This tree is near the bank of the river. It looks very old yet is still standing. Rickey said if it could talk there would be many stories to be told. As I looked at it, I thought about how it has weathered many storms yet is still there. I am reminded of the words to the song "Scars" by I Am They...

Now I'm standing in confidence
With the strength of Your faithfulness
And I'm not who I was before
No, I don't have to fear anymore

So I'm thankful for the scars
'Cause without them I wouldn't know Your heart
And I know they'll always tell of who You are
So forever I am thankful for the scars

We all have "Scars" in our life. Those "Scars" represent the storms we have experienced. If we did not have storms, we would think we do not need God. It is important for us to realize what we need to do through the storms is to press into Him for His strength, wisdom, and empowerment. He will protect us as He guides us through every storm that comes our way. Sometimes it seems like we have more storms in life than others and we wonder 'why?' but we need to realize it does not matter the reason. What does matter is how we react and get through the storms. The more fierce the storm, the more our faith can grow when we allow God to work in and through us. The more ferocious the storm, the more opportunity we have to see God glorified through it. As I look at this tree I think about how I want to be strong as it is. I want to be who God has called me to be but the only way that can happen is to allow Him to be who He desires to be in my life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace You shower upon me! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people realize Your love through me. Thank You for the beauty of Your creation Rickey and I enjoyed yesterday! What a wonderful place You have put me to live. Lord, protect all in the path of Elsa. I pray for You to be so real to those who are dealing with the effects now and will deal with them over the next couple of days. I pray for those who are going through storms in their physical, mental, emotional, financial and most of all spiritual beings to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; four friends with career issues/changes; Little Ivy's family; Darrell with back pain; Jack and Paula; my school friend Jack and another school friend; a young girl; Carrie and Chris; and so many others. Lord, I pray Marion will cooperate today and You will be with me tonight with the zoom call with the General Superintendent. I pray for Sam to have a day of rest from her two jobs today. Most of all I pray for Your will to be lived out in every moment of my day. Thank You for being My Scar Tender! Amen.

No comments: