Sunday, January 1, 2023

Job 37 - "See Me Through It"

As I reflect back on 2022 I am amazed at what God has done in my life. In just a few months it will mark twenty-nine years since the diagnosis of MS was received. I remember the neurologist asking me what I wanted to receive from the MS medication I started. My reply was, "I want to be able to play with my grand babies without being in a wheelchair." I have had times of being in the wheelchair but my goal was accomplished with being able to play with my grand babies without being in one. MS has definitely been a big part of my life but I have not let it define me. Yesterday as I looked out over the clouds as I flew home I thought about how blessed I am. God has given me a good life that is filled with so many people loving me. He blesses me every day with people He puts in my path to love on with His love. Sometimes it can become overwhelming with the burdens of others but I am thankful I was put on this earth with the purpose to love others in a way that will point them in His direction. I know I sometimes fail and am thankful He never turns His back on me. I know there are times I tend to go off on my own and do things the way I think they should be instead of listening to Him but He always gives me another chance and for that I am grateful. I also know He puts before me hurting people who need to realize His love as much as possible. I was reading in Job 37 this morning of what Elihu had to say to Job about trials in life. He was encouraging Job to realize God in a more intentional way. Matthew Henry wrote of this chapter:

Elihu concludes his discourse with some great sayings concerning the glory of God. Light always is, but is not always to be seen. When clouds come between, the sun is darkened in the clear day. The light of God's favour shines ever towards his faithful servants, though it be not always seen. Sins are clouds, and often hinder us from seeing that bright light which is in the face of God. Also, as to those thick clouds of sorrow which often darken our minds, the Lord hath a wind which passes and clears them away. What is that wind? It is his Holy Spirit. As the wind dispels and sweeps away the clouds which are gathered in the air, so the Spirit of God clears our souls from the clouds and fogs of ignorance and unbelief, of sin and lust. From all these clouds the Holy Spirit of God frees us in the work of regeneration. And from all the clouds which trouble our consciences, the Holy Spirit sets us free in the work of consolation. 

The word picture Henry gives is more meaningful after flying above the clouds yesterday. There were times the sun went behind them and it became dark. Once it came out again the light was bright. God desires to be our brightness. He desires to be our focus so we not only hear Him but we walk in obedience to Him. He desires to be our strength in tough days. He desires to be our wisdom with all decisions made. This morning I am reminded of the words to a song called "See Me Through It" and blessed with the knowledge that He is always there for us. I am blessed to know He not only desires us to get through tough times but desires to be glorified through them. 

I know You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
God, I know in the trial and the pain, fire and the rain
You're gonna see me through it
You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
And whenever my hope runs away, You save the day
You're gonna see me through it

Dear Jesus, Thank You for safe travels yesterday, Mel giving me a ride to the airport and Andy picking me up at the airport! Thank You for the new year that is ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for so many hurting people to feel Your strength in the tough days they are experiencing. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; Pastor Don;  Darryle and his family; Janis' mother; and Sherry's mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, be so close to Rachael and her family during these tough days. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Brightness! Amen.

No comments: