Monday, January 23, 2023

Isaiah 41:10; John 7:38 - "Reason"


There are times in life where you feel so helpless. There is nothing you can do to change circumstances. Such times are hard when you have a 'fixer' personality. It is during such times we must remember that God knows all. He knows what needs to happen and how it needs to happen. He knows what we need to do to encourage others, realize what we need ourselves, etc. We need to lean into Him so He can reveal to us what we need to do or say. John 7:38 tells us when we believe in Him, He will flow out of us. Therefore, when we find ourselves in situations feeling helpless all we have to do is allow Him to help us through such times. We are not helpless but instead have hope through Him. We may not be able to physically do anything for someone but when He directs us on how to encourage others we are no longer helpless. Sitting in ICU is one place that can make you feel helpless. I pray for Katelyn, for her family, all of the medical personnel who care for her, etc. Sometimes prayer has to be enough. When I feel helpless, I remind myself God is in the midst of everything happening. Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge. I am thankful for Isaiah's words in chapter forty-one, verse ten. They encourage me to not allow circumstances to pull me away from trusting God. They encourage me to not allow the enemy an open door with putting fear upon me. They encourage me to continue to allow God to be my God. Spurgeon wrote of this verse: 

Go on, then, child of God. All thy foes that resist thy salvation shall disappear before thy onward march. “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” Advance to meet thy cares, and God shall take thy cares away. Only be thou strong and of a good courage, and rest in the everlasting arm, and thou shalt be more than a conqueror.

Praise His Holy Name! God has everything under control. I do not have to fret over anything but instead need to allow God to work in and through me no matter lies ahead in the day. I am reminded this morning of a song called "Reason" that Unspoken sings....

This year's felt like four seasons of winter
And you'd give anything to feel the sun
Always reaching, always climbing
Always second guessing the timing
But God has a plan, a purpose in this
You are His child and don't you forget

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for time with my Momma to celebrate her ninety-second birthday, June for taking me to the airport, my credit card being returned at the airport, safe travels, Andy picking me up at the airport, and the blessing to be with the Vinson family during this difficult time! Thank You for loving me so greatly with giving me the reminder of Isaiah 41:10 and the song "Reason"! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with You. May people see/hear You through me in the day ahead. I pray peace over many going through tough days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: