Thursday, January 5, 2023

Psalm 8 - "See Me Through It"

This morning God took me to Psalm 8 to ponder upon. I read it in different versions and settled into The Passion Translation. I stopped at verse three where it speaks about the creation of such things as the moon and chuckled. The moon was shining brightly in the sky so beautiful. I went outside and took this picture. It does not show the beauty of it as in person but it is gorgeous. I am so blessed by His creation. Working outside yesterday raking a gazillion leaves made me stop and think about how just as God knows how many hairs are on our head He knows how many leaves I was raking. That is amazing to think about! This Psalm speaks about how special humans are and how God created us with a purpose. Sometimes we get side-tracked and fail to see the purpose He has put on our lives. Sometimes we allow the enemy to pull us away from what He desires of us. That is where God's love, mercy, and grace come into play. He loves us so much that when we miss an opportunity He puts before us or do something against His will He is there to love us through it. Life is challenging but Jesus is always there for us. When we feel like we cannot put one foot in front of the other, He is there to carry us. I am reminded this morning of a song Brandon Heath sings called "See Me Through It"...

I know You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
God, I know in the trial and the pain, fire and the rain
You're gonna see me through it
You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
And whenever my hope runs away, You save the day
You're gonna see me through it

Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge. I am so thankful for His Word and songs that encourage me greatly. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 8: The psalmist seeks to give unto God the glory due to his name. How bright this glory shines even in this lower world! He is ours, for he made us, protects us, and takes special care of us. Yes! The brightness of the moon shining this morning reminds me of God's brightness. It reminds me to shine bright for Him in the day ahead.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminders of Psalm 8, the brightness of the moon, and the song "See Me Through It" this morning! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine brightly for You in the day ahead. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. I pray for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation and Rachael as she is faced with adjusting to her new life of widowhood. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for healing with this tingling. Thank You for being My Brightness! Amen.

No comments: