Wednesday, January 11, 2023

I Chronicles 4:10b - "Fighting For Me"


The Lord took me to Psalm 66 this morning. As I read it in different versions I thought about this week's sermon. In the Prayer of Jabez it reads in I Chronicles 4:10 And God granted his request. God hears all our prayers but answers them in the way He desires. His ways and/or timing is not always what we think we want but they are always what is best. Jabez had a challenging life but chose to live it with a strong faith. The key word here is 'chose' because we all have the choice to make to go deeper in our faith or turn away from God when life is challenging. We can either blame God when life is difficult or we can embrace whatever we are going through. We can either fret and worry over things we truly have no control over or we can allow God to work in and through us. When we are living in God's presence and seeking His will, the desires of His heart will be the desires of our heart. If/when we step away from that relationship, we will find ourselves manipulating things to be as we desire. Shame on us. Selfishness can rear its ugly head at times but when we allow God to be Who He desires to be in our life we will realize great blessings as Jabez. Every sunrise I experience is a blessing. Every sunset I experience is a blessing. Every walk on the beach is a blessing. I am one blessed lady and need to be more grateful for such times. I never know when I will wake up and not be able to function due to the MS but I do know Who does know and that is all that matters. I am reminded this morning of a song Riley Clemmons sings called "Fighting For Me" and blessed....

You will never stop fighting for me
When I can't fight for myself
Every word is a promise You keep
Cause You love me like nobody else
You stand up for me in the darkest night
When my faith is weak You're still by my side
You will never stop fighting for me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your blessings of peace to come down over many going through difficult days. May You continue to be with Andy and his family with Katelyn's health in these difficult days. May You continue to be with those who recently lost loved ones. Dave; Rachael; Susan; Sonia; and Laureen. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being The God of My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: