Saturday, December 31, 2022

Psalm 23 - "Fear Is A Liar"


I am so blessed when watching the sunrise. I think about how God is giving me the gift of a new day. As I unwrap the gift I have opportunities to love with His love and to be the person He has called me to be. A few weeks ago when I took this picture life was a bit easier than today. My heart is breaking for many going through tough times with loved ones health issues. It is heavy for some going through tough times in relationships. I wish there were something I could do but it is all up to God. He is the One who decides when our last moment will be on this earth. He is the One who sees us through tough times. We must trust Him and allow Him to stretch our faith in the process. We must lean into His strength so He can empower us to not just get through tough times but to glorify Him through them. During the night when He woke me to pray I had the twenty-third Psalm going through my mind. It is one read at many funerals but it gives me comfort every day. I love the second verse that reads, He offers a resting place for me in His luxurious love. His tracks take me to an oasis of peace near the quiet brook of bliss. When I am by the water, I definitely feel His presence more. Sitting watching the sunrise in silence brings me such joy and contentment. The Psalm continues in The Passion Translation, That's where He restores and revives my life. Oh how I can relate to these words. Many times before going for my mammogram I will go to the waterfront to walk and talk with God. That action gives me such peace. It empowers me to know whatever is ahead will be ok because God is in it. The Psalm continues to empower me over fear. The enemy tries to use circumstances and people to tear us down. He tries to tell us we cannot do whatever is before us. That is a lie. We can do anything with God. 2023 lies ahead. I don't know what it holds but I know God knows and that is all that matters. I do not have to fear the future but instead need to embrace it and allow God to work in and through me. I am reminded this morning of the words to a song called "Fear Is A Liar" and proclaiming this over my friends going through tough times...

Fear he is a liar
He will take your breath
Stop you in your steps
Fear he is a liar
He will rob your rest
Steal your happiness
Cast your fear in the fire
Cause fear he is a liar


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days with their health or the health of loved ones, relationship issues, etc. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You empower all to stand up against the enemy when he comes knocking at their door. I pray favor upon my travel today. No matter what I experience may I remember You are in control and know all. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your empowerment over those going through tough times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; Darryle and his family; Janis' mother; and Sherry's mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Resting Place! Amen.

No comments: