Sunday, January 8, 2023

Psalm 3 - "Before The Morning"


The Lord took me to Psalm 3 this morning to ponder upon. I read it in different translations and settled in with the VOICE. As I was reading I thought about all the different adversaries (verse 1) we have in life. Adversaries come in the form of people, circumstances that pull us away from God, doubts brought on by the enemy, fear, etc. Verse five speaks about waking up in the morning feeling stronger. Morning does not necessarily mean a time of day. Morning can be when we get through a tough time and realize we are on the other side of it. It can be when we no longer feel defeated but instead feel like we can do life again. I didn't sleep much last night but did a lot of praying for so many people who are going through tough days. I prayed for them to receive God's strength to not just get through their circumstances but to glorify Him in the process. This morning when He took me to Psalm 3 I was blessed in the encouragement to pray for them to find their morning (verse 5) in their situation. Psalm 30:5 reads in the NIV, Joy comes in the morning. Once again, this morning does not necessarily mean a time of day. It can be an awakening after a very dark time in life. Joy is received through God's empowerment. He desires to be with us through dark times and to be glorified through them. I am reminded this morning of a song Josh Wilson sings called "Before The Morning" and feeling blessed with the knowledge God is with us as we wait for morning to come.

Would you dare, would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It can't compare to the joy that's coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray throughout the night not only for pastors but for many going through 'dark' days. May each one of them hold on while they wait for their morning to happen. May they be empowered by Your supernatural strength and trust You. Lord, I pray this for myself as I deal with the tingling in my face/head. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your strength for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situationI pray Your peace over David with the sudden loss of his father, Rachael with the loss of Pastor Bill, Susan with the loss of her husband Larry, and my cousin Debbie with the loss of her sister. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Supernatural Strength! Amen.

No comments: