Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Deuteronomy 1:29-31 - "Hills and Valleys"

Yesterday was a day full of blessings from start to finish. Seeing the sunrise on my way home from taking Nick to school was breathtaking. The sky was on fire with all sorts of pinks, oranges, and purples. I took a picture from the car but I could not even begin to capture its full beauty. Having Dave and Carol drop me off for my MRI's was a blessing but her praying with me was the icing on the cake. Finding out the MRI's cost only $110 was a great financial blessing to me. Only 'losing it' twice during the MRI's was another blessing. Nancy bringing me home was yet another blessing in the day. Taking Nick to the beach to spend time with Chrissy and her doggies was such a joy. What a day of great blessings! It was a day I wanted to get over with yet this proves we should never wish our life away. We need to walk in whatever God puts before us and allow Him to work in and through us in the process. The last two minutes of the MRI's were the longest two minutes of my life. When I 'lost it' and pushed the button the second time, the technician asked if I could hold on just two more minutes and I said 'yes!'  When they were done and he pulled me out, I said, 'Praise God!' and he chuckled. He told me the four of them are the longest MRI's done. I am thankful for God's supernatural empowerment to get me through them. I also am thankful for the knowledge many people were praying for me yesterday. As I await results of the MRI's I am at peace in knowing nothing surprises God. He already has everything taken care of and will direct me in the process. As we were walking on the beach there was an area where we sunk down into the sand. I thought of the poem "Footprints" that speaks of God carrying us when we are going through 'tough' times. The poem reads: The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Praise His Holy Name for the knowledge God is always with us. He knows what we need and provides. He encourages us through people, music, Scripture, nature, etc. I am reminded of Moses words to the Israelites in Deuteronomy 1:29-31. He told them to not fear what was ahead because God was already there. He reminded them of how God carried them through the wilderness without ever leaving them. We are never alone in life no matter what we are going through. I am reminded this morning of the words of "Hills and Valleys" and feeling very thankful.

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the One who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain, I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley I know I am not alone
You're God of the hills and valleys
Hills and valleys
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a day full of blessings from start to finish! Thank You for Dave and Carol dropping me off and Nancy taking me home from the MRI's! Thank You for time with Chrissy and the love Nick pours into me with his hugs! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You continue to encourage me through the "Hills and Valleys" of life. Thank You for continuing to encourage Andy and his family with Katelyn's health! May You be so very close to all of them. Thank You for being with those who have recently lost loved ones. Dave; Rachael; Susan; Sonia; and Laureen. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being The God of My Hills and Valleys! Amen.

No comments: