Sunday, January 22, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Thank You"


Woo hoo! Today is my Momma's ninety-second birthday! I always say, 'When I grow up, I want to be just like her!' She has taught me so much in life but especially how to depend upon the Lord no matter what circumstance I find myself. I am thankful for my parents faith in God and for the way they lived it out each and every day. Last night I had an opportunity to pray with a childhood friend and shared Proverbs 3:5-6 with them as they continue to seek God's will. This verse is one my parents lived by every day. It has been almost ten years since my Daddy died. This past week has been more emotional than usual for my Momma with missing him. They were married sixty-six years with many mountains and valleys throughout those years. Yesterday my Momma talked about how there are not many women who can say they have lived to the age of ninety-two, birthed five children, and raised seven children. I told her she is very blessed and I am blessed to have her for my Momma. Her listening ear when the emotions get the best of me is something I so appreciate. Her honesty and encouragement with me is also things I appreciate. I know there will come a day I will no longer have her with me on this earth. I also am thankful to live in the knowledge I will live with her for eternity. I am reminded of a song called "Thank You" this morning and feeling so blessed for the life my Momma lives as an example for me to follow.

Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of my Momma who shows me how to live for You! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for safe travels in the day ahead and thank You in advance for giving me whatever I need to not just get through the day but to glorify You through it. Just as I prayed before going to bed, throughout the night, and again this morning I pray for all pastors who will be preaching today. Thank You for Clay who is filling the pulpit for me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with You. I pray Your peace and strength over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for Donna who is had knee replacement surgery and Cathy who had shoulder surgery. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: