Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Fill My Cup"

Life is like a roller coaster ride at times. I don't like the ups and downs, turns and twists, etc. roller coasters hold. When life becomes like a roller coaster, we have a choice to make. We can embrace the ride or we can fight it. When we embrace it, we do it with God's strength. When we fight it, it gives thie enemy an open door into our life. Some people enjoy roller coasters and seem to thrive in such times in life when life is in turmoil. Others manipulate their circumstances to make things happen as they desire. The most important aspect of being in such situations is to lean into God's strength. Paul's words in Philippians 4:13 are ones God gave me twenty-nine years ago at the time of the MS diagnosis. I thought they were for physical strength since my body was not able to function normally but soon found God means not only physical but mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength. Paul was imprisoned many times in his life on this earth yet he continued to allow God to direct him. We need to do the same. Imprisonment does not just happen in a physical sense. People can imprison us through emotional bondage they put upon us. Circumstances imprison us such as unwise financial decisions we make. The enemy uses whatever he can to destroy us. God desires to be with us every step of the way in life. He desires to see us on the mountaintops and walk with us in the valleys. He desires to see us lean into His strength to not just get through the 'tough' days of life but to glorify Him through them. He wants to fill us up with more of Him so we do not have to do life on our own strength. I am reminded this morning of a song Andrew Ripp sings called "Fill My Cup"...

Fill my cup, Lord
Run it over
Give me love, give me joy, give me peace
Fill my cup, Lord
Run it over
I am your child in need
Lord, I need you to fill my cup

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for safe travels! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace and strength over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: