Monday, January 9, 2023

Isaiah 43:2 - "Healer"

Today is a day I have looked forward to and one I dread. It is a day where I pray for answers to be revealed through medical testing. It is also a day that I know I need God's supernatural strength to get me through. It has been over two years since I had to be in a MRI machine for any length of time. I remember my first MRI being over two hours and I didn't do very well. I had no idea I was claustrophobic until that night. Over the last twenty-eight years MRI's have become a 'normal' in my life so they are easier to do. Doing four consecutive ones is not something I look forward to. As I sat by the fire last night and felt its warmth I thought about how God's love warms us especially when we need to feel His presence the most. When I awoke this morning, my first thought was this will all be over in eight hours. It is just something I have to get through short-term. I need to be thankful it is not something that is life-threatening. I also need to be thankful for today's technology, medication, doctors, etc. that have taken great strides with diseases such as MS. I am holding onto the promise of Isaiah 43:2 this morning. I am proclaiming His supernatural strength over not only myself but so many others going through difficult days. I am praying for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs. Yesterday when Clay anointed me for both myself and Katelyn the tears came. It was overwhelming to experience as God's love came down over my body. My heart breaks for her and her family. I wish I could do something to make a difference in their situation. What I can do is to continue to encourage them through the dark days they are experiencing and love on them with His love. This morning I am once again reminded of the song Kari Jobe sings called "Healer" and holding onto His promises.

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me with the four MRI's and giving me exactly what I need to not just get through them but to glorify You through them! Thank You for continuing to be with Andy and his family with Katelyn's health! May You be so very close to all of them. Thank You for being with those who have recently lost loved ones. Dave; Rachael; Susan; Sonia; and Laureen. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: