Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Psalm 28:7 - "Praise You In This Storm"

Yesterday was a beautiful day with bright sunshine. When I left the hospital to take a walk, I saw a group of little birds gathered in a magnolia tree singing. Even though it was chilly they were happy to be enjoying the sunshine. I thought about how we can learn from them. Circumstances may not be ideal or they may be challenging yet we still can praise God. We can always find something to be thankful for and need to express that to God. Charles Spurgeon wrote, "The early morning hour should be dedicated to praise: do not the birds set us the example?" Yes! As I think of the day ahead I have no clue what it holds. Yesterday started with a  lot of positives but then quickly changed to being full of challenges. God was with us in the positives and He was with us in the challenges. He never leaves us and for that I am grateful. He is always there to encourage us, love on us, and direct us. Praise His Holy Name! As I stood listening to the birds yesterday with the sun shining down I thought about how God shines down on us 24/7. He loves on us even when we miss opportunities He puts before us or do things He is not pleased with. His love is unconditional and we need to follow His example and love others with the same type of love. What do we do when someone hurts us? We complain, get mad, etc. What do we do when things are not going 'our way'? We complain, get mad, etc. What do we do when we feel like life is falling apart? We complain, get mad, etc. Instead of complaining, getting mad, etc. in such circumstances we need to praise God. Once again, there is always something to praise Him for and to be thankful for no matter what is happening in life. This morning I am reminded of the song Casting Crowns sings called Praise You In This Storm....

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder to Praise You In This Storm no matter what is happening in life! Thank You for the birds yesterday that reminded me to praise You even when life is not 'perfect' and to be thankful for every blessing You provide! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so I can praise You more. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. May they all find reason to praise You. I pray for wisdom for the doctors doing Jack's procedure today. I pray Your peace over: Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: