Thursday, January 26, 2023

Psalm 113 - "My Praise"



Walking in a big city is so different than walking in my little world of paradise. I miss home but am thankful God has given me the opportunity to be here. I am thankful for people He has put in my path. I am thankful for the reminders of Psalm 113 to praise Him from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. There is always something to praise Him for no matter what is happening in life.  When we praise Him, it takes our minds off of whatever we are going through. The more we praise Him, the more we will realize His greatness in our life. Sometimes it is hard to find words to praise Him so we need to allow Him to work in and through us. Sometimes our actions do not show praise yet He knows our hearts. We do not praise God enough nor do we thank Him enough for all He does for us. C.S. Lewis wrote, "I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation." In reading this quote, it makes me think I do not enjoy God enough. It is easy to enjoy the beauty of His creation and to praise Him for it. It was easy to praise Him for the little birdies singing the other morning or my walk in the rain yesterday. I enjoyed such things and praised Him for it. Sitting in ICU is not enjoyable yet I need to still find reason to praise Him. There is always a reason to praise Him. I am reminded this morning of a song Philips, Craig and Dean sings called "My Praise"...

It's like an ocean breeze blowing on your face
Like a summer sun with its warm embrace
Like a gentle rain plays a symphony
that's what I want my praise to be
Like a fragrant rose in the early spring
Like an eagle soars when it spreads its wings
Whatever, Lord, You may need from me
that's what I want my praise to be
To You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with Jack yesterday for his procedure and for Clay taking him! Thank You for the blessings You gave me throughout the day yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for continuing to be with so many people going through difficult days! May all find a reason to praise You in the day ahead. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: