Friday, January 6, 2023

Matthew 9 - "Healer"

This morning God took me to Matthew 9 to ponder upon. This chapter is full of stories of Jesus' work while on earth. There are several healings of physical issues, I believe God brought me to this chapter because He knows how much healing is on my mind these days. I am overwhelmed with so many people on my prayer list with disease such as cancer. Katelyn's diagnosis has been hard especially with her age. I think of little Judson who had chemo this week and Little Ivy who continues to battle leukemia at such a young age and it breaks my heart. There are so many people who are dealing with life threatening diseases. Sometimes I feel guilty for asking God to heal me from the MS because it is not life threatening. I also feel guilty asking for healing for myself because He has provided times throughout my life where He healed me. There is a part of Matthew 9 that is confusing to me. Verses twenty-seven through thirty-four tell the story of Jesus healing the blind and the mute. After He restored the blind men's sight He warned them to not tell anyone. Why would He say that? Why would He not want people to know how they were healed? I know when He has healed me I wanted to tell everyone about His healing power. Verse twenty-eight is a part of the chapter that is so crucial for all to grasp. It takes great faith in God for healing to occur. The thing we must remember is healing occurs in multiple ways. It can be instantaneous, over a period of time, through doctors and medicine, and the ultimate healing of death. Whatever way God chooses is what we must accept. I remember years ago when I lost my sight for a couple weeks due to the MS. I was devastated. I questioned God on if that was going to be my new way of life. Thankfully through steroid IV's my sight was restored. In these days now with such nasty tingling in my head/face I question God if this is my new way of life. He has not answered yet but I will not quit praying. As I took pictures the other night of the sunset tears came to my eyes that I could see it. I think about all I have seen since that short period of time when I lost my sight and am blessed. Once again I realize I am blessed the relapsing-remittance type of MS I have is not life threatening. No matter what lies ahead I know God is my "Healer" and for that I am grateful. Kari Jobe's song is heavy in my heart this morning not only for so many others but for myself too. It is heavy for physical, mental, emotional, relational, financial, and most of all spiritual issues for many. 

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the gorgeous weather to be out in and the blessings ahead today! Thank You for the loss of another pound! Thank You for the reminders of Matthew 9 and the song "Healer" which encourage me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I continue to pray for strength for many going through difficult days. I pray Your peace over David with the sudden loss of his father, Rachael with the loss of Bill, and Susan with the loss of her husband Larry. I pray for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situationI also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for healing with this tingling. Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: