Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Psalm 97 - "Heart of God"


The Lord took me to Psalm 97 this morning to ponder upon. The last five verses of this Psalm show God's love to us by caring and providing for us. Yesterday as I was working outside I looked up to see this beautiful piece of God's nature. I thought about how He shines down upon us all the time. When we fall short of what He expects of us, He is there to love us through it. When we miss opportunities He give us, He is there to encourage us. When we do something against His will, He is there to restore us. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm: 

As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

God gives us all freewill to make decisions in life. He knows the things that come before us and will empower us to stand up against them as we allow Him. He knows all. He sees all. He hears all. Praise His Holy Name He still loves us. I am reminded of a song Zach Williams sings called "Heart of God"...

'Cause there's only love in the heart of God
No room for shame in His open arms
There's beauty from ashes, so come as you are
And there's only love in the heart of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a fun board meeting with my people! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I remember to allow You to work in and through me throughout the day ahead. I pray Your peace and strength over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Light! Amen.

No comments: