Sunday, January 15, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Good Good Father"

Last night I prayed for pastors before going to bed, twice during the night, and again this morning. Specifically, I prayed for ministry couples who share the pulpit. I prayed for God to continue to work in and through them as they work together to spread the Gospel. One couple in particular came to my prayers, Jed and Jenn Brake. They are friends of mine from Ohio who blessed me by visiting a few months ago. They encourage me so much from across the miles. This morning I saw a post Jenn put on Facebook that she said she was overwhelmed with life. They had a difficult week and were feeling weary. If I would have read her post before going to bed, I would have thought that was why I woke up to pray for them. But I did not see the post until this morning. That is how God works. He puts us on the minds of others when we need encouraged. I am sure when they read this they will be encouraged. God also gives us Scripture and music to encourage us. He gives us what we need as we allow Him to work in and through us. As I stood in the cold taking pictures of the sunset I thought to myself that I was crazy to be freezing just to take pictures. But then I was reminded that each sunset and each sunrise is different. I miss the brilliance and the length of the sunsets from summer but was thankful last night when it went down fast. Burrr....it was cold. Thankfully, my heated seats helped with the coldness once I got back in the car! God is with us in the 'good' days and in the 'bad' days. He never leaves us and empowers us to get through the 'junk' of life. When people disappoint us, He is there to remind us He never disappoints us. When life is challenging, He is there to remind us it is through life's greatest challenges that our faith will grow deeper. When we feel like we can't put one foot in front of the other, He carries us. Paul tells us in Philippians 4:13 that we can do any and all things in God's strength. Praise His Holy Name! He is such a "Good, Good Father"....

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the luncheon with the Ladies of the Low Country group where I met new friends! Thank You for waking me to pray for Jed and Jenn during the night! May You continue to empower them to do what You put before them. Thank You for continuing to be with Andy and his family as they go through this time with Katelyn! Thank You for being with many going through difficult days! May we all go deeper in our faith. I continue to pray for: Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Good Good Father! Amen.


No comments: