Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Isaiah 42:2; Philippians 4:13 - "Word of God Speak"

Yesterday was emotional when I went for a walk in the woods. There was water everywhere so I didn't know if I would be able to get very far. I was going to forego the walk but then was reminded of the Lord's words in Isaiah 42. Earlier in the day when I received the results from my MRI's God reminded me He has been with me every step of the way in this twenty-nine year journey. It is amazing to think it was twenty-nine years this month the journey began as I waited on a diagnosis. The testing, physical therapy, etc. was hard but God was with me. Throughout the last twenty-nine years there have been many challenges yet God was with me. He never leaves me nor does He ever make me feel like I am on this journey alone. The tears flowed as I walked. They were tears of gratefulness for all I have learned on this journey with MS. They were tears of frustration as the tingling in my head/face continues. They were tears of joy in knowing God gives me things such as a muddy woods as a gift to remind me of who He is in my life. I came upon some branches broken on the ground and thought about how they represent life. One minute we can be a beautiful tree with leaves and the next we can be broken. Being broken is a good thing because it is in brokenness that we grow in our faith. When we are broken, we get a new perspective on life. As we allow God to work in and through us we will realize His empowerment in a deeper aspect. Twenty-nine years ago God gave me Philippians 4:13 which empowered me over the years to realize His strength in every way possible in life. I am thankful for the way He uses nature to speak to me. I also am so thankful for His Word that encourages me. I am reminded this morning of a song Mercy Me sings called "Word of God Speak" and feeling very blessed...

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness 
Word of God speak

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You speak to me through nature and Your Word! Thank You for using a muddy woods yesterday to remind me You are with me every step of the way on this journey with MS! Thank You for the MRI's showing stability with the disease and for the way You are going to continue to be with me with the tingling on my face/head! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. May You be the peace needed in so many people's lives as they "pass through the waters" in life. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: