Saturday, January 21, 2023

Isaiah 41:10 - "Strength of My Life"

Yesterday was such a blessed day with celebrating Christmas with Ben, Emily, and the kids. They are always such fun to be around. God blesses me in abundance with trips to Ohio to be with family. He provides financially to make the trips happen and for that I am grateful. He provides by filling my emotional tank up through these visits. He knows what I need and provides. Praise His Holy Name! Sitting around doing crossword puzzles after we ate and opened gifts shows it does not take a lot of money to make memories. As I look at this picture taken of our four generations I once again thank God for all His blessings. My Momma will turn nine-two tomorrow which is a great blessing. She is struggling mentally and physically  but God continues to give her life. As I see Ben with his children I once again am blessed. He is such a good husband and Daddy. Getting hugs from them all is another blessing. Reflecting back on the memories of all we have gone through in life is a blessing in knowing God is always with us. I am reminded of the words of Isaiah in chapter forty-one verse ten. We do not have to fear anything in life but instead need to lean into God. He will give us exactly what we need to not just get through life but to glorify Him in the process. When my sister was murdered many years ago, I saw great strength in my parents that could only come from the Lord. Throughout my Daddy's journey with cancer I saw that same strength. They are the example I have to live by. I pray Ben has seen that same strength in me to follow and his children will see that same strength in him. We have a purpose on this earth. We are to love with God's love and allow Him to work in and through us. Oh how I pray I do this every day in a way that will make Him proud of me. This morning I am reminded of the song "Strength of My Life" that Leslie Phillips sings...

And everyday I look to you
To be the strength of my life
You're the hope I hold onto
Be the strength of my life

No one knows what is ahead but when we know the One who does life is easier. When the challenges of life come, God is there to give us exactly what we need. He is there to love us through the hurts of life and to give wisdom for every decision put before us. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for such a wonderful day yesterday with Ben, Emily, and the kids as we celebrated Christmas! Thank You for all the hugs and 'I love you Grandma Sheila' that I received! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I continue to pray for many going through challenging days to receive Your strength. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for Donna who is had knee replacement surgery and Cathy who had shoulder surgery. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: