Friday, January 27, 2023

Esther 4:14; Romans 8:28 - "Joy In The Morning"

While out walking yesterday I thought about how the big city is definitely not where I would want to live. I remember when we moved to Beaufort I thought it was huge with leaving Willard. It is so much larger than Willard but after being in Richmond for this time Beaufort is small. No matter where I am i make the best of the situation and look for things to do, places to see, etc. One of yesterday's walks took me to see some really neat old buildings. Walking up and down hills is something I can't do at home. Doing seven flights of stairs to get up to the room is another thing that is not at home. Seeing the sunrise off the parking garage was another new experience. All of these things are not what I would want to do every day but they also are things I'm thankful to have the opportunity to experience. I am thankful to be here with my friends supporting them however I can. I am thankful for time to pray with and for them. I am reminded this morning of the words of Esther 4:14, specifically the last part of the verse where it speaks of ...for such a time as this... No matter what circumstances we find ourselves in, where God leads us, etc. we can make a difference. Mordecei encouraged Queen Esther to continue on the path put before her. We need people to encourage us too. When times of doubt creep in, we need people to be our cheerleaders. When fear comes over us, we need to remember fear is not from God but from the enemy. When we wonder why God has us where He does, we need to remember He will use us as we allow Him. He loves us so much and provides exactly what we need to accomplish what He desires. Paul wrote in Romans 8:28 (NIV), And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Praise His Holy Name! Esther's life had a lot of tragic things happen such as the loss of her parents. God desired to use her to make a difference in the world. He desires to use everyone. The things He has for us are different yet they all are to fulfill a purpose for Him. Things may not make sense to us as to why God puts people or opportunities before us but they don't have to. All we have to do is walk with Him and allow Him to use us as He desires. I am reminded of a song King & Country sings called "Joy In The Morning." When we allow God to direct us, we will experience exactly what He has for us.

Everything happens for a reason
But you don't know what you don't know
And you'll never have peace if you don't let go of tomorrow
'Cause it ain't even faith 'til your plan falls apart
But you still choose to follow
If it doesn't make sense right now
It will when it's over

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray Your supernatural strength over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My 'Joy In The Morning'! Amen.

No comments: