Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Exodus 14:14 - "Battle Belongs To The Lord"

Keeping busy is a coping mechanism. It helps to distract from the 'what if' thoughts the enemy brings to my mind. When I am busy doing for others, I don't think about my own issues. When I struggle with life, it is easier to deal with by pouring myself into others. I realized last night my personality is this way. I also realized God created me the way I am. He did not create me to wallow in self-pity but He created me to trust Him and stand firm in my faith. Yesterday as I cried over the phone with my Momma she told me God was with me and would see me through whatever is ahead. I asked her a simple question. 'What if what is ahead is ugly?' I was crying so hard she couldn't understand me so I had to get myself together and repeat the question. Her response was, 'You've been through ugly before and came out stronger.' Oh my goodness my Momma is full of truth and wisdom. I am so grateful for her still being with us. I am grateful for her words that soothe me. God truly blesses me through her. Last evening He blessed me with watching the sunset. They are not as brilliant as they were back in the summer but I still enjoy them. They remind me there is beauty in every aspect of God's creation including myself. He created me. Therefore, I should never put myself down but instead speak words of life over myself. It is easier to do so over others but I must remember I need to do it over myself too. I need to encourage myself when life gets tough just as I encourage others. I also need to remember people do not know what I am going through or what I need if I don't tell them. That is hard to do but is a necessity in life. Last night as I struggled to fall asleep I could not stop thinking about the 'what ifs' ahead. The Lord brought Exodus 14:14 to my mind multiple times. These are Moses words spoken to the Israelites when they were complaining they would have been better off to stay as slaves than go through what was being put upon them. These words were spoken over them just before the Red Sea parted. So many times that is how life is for us. Doors are opened for us even when we don't deserve them to be. The Israelites were weak in not only their physical bodies but their emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies. God was there to empower them to fight the battles before them just as He is with us today. Exodus 14:14 tells us to be still. Psalm 46:10 tell us we will realize God in a greater depth by being still. I chuckled when God brought these Scriptures to my mind as I thought about Monday's MRIs. I have no choice but to be still during them. It will be a long four hours to be still. Once again, the 'what ifs' come into my mind. 'What if I can't lay that long? What if they show the MS has progressed? What if ...' Urgh. I need to practice Exodus 14:14 between now and then more intentionally than ever before. I am reminded this morning of the song "Battle Belongs To The Lord"...

So when I fight I'll fight on my knees
With my hands lifted high
Oh God the battle belongs to You
And every fear I lay at Your feet
I'll sing through the night
Oh God the battle belongs to You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the reminder that I am not in the battles of life alone! Thank You for Exodus 14:14 that reminds me You fight for me every day! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for many going through difficult days to realize the battles they are in the middle of belong to You. I pray for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation and Rachael as she is faced with adjusting to her new life of widowhood. I pray Your peace and strength over others going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; Janis' mother; and Sherry's mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for healing with this tingling. Thank You for being My Battle Taker! Amen.

No comments: