Sunday, January 29, 2023

Numbers 6:24-26 - "Eye of the Storm"

Even though I was blessed throughout the ten days I was away from home I was even more blessed to be home. Many people may not understand this but there is such peace in my life when I'm here. I am thankful God gives me His peace no matter where I am. I am thankful I can be hundreds of miles from home and yet still enjoy life. But most of all I am thankful for the satisfaction of knowing I am where I am suppose to be when I am here. I have been told by different ones that I make the best of situations and enjoy life no matter what is happening. I try to live in this manner. I also try to make life easier for those around me. I try to love on people with Jesus' love and do whatever I can to help them. I know there are times I miss opportunities God puts before me. Shame on me! Thankfully God is a forgiving God who wraps His arms around me and lets me know it's ok when I miss opportunities. Last night before going to bed, twice in the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors who will be preaching today to not only speak what God gave them but to listen to the response afterward. It is hard to preach and there be no response but we must remember God is working on hearts even when no response is shown. We also must remember people are humans who sometimes are afraid to speak what is given to them. It takes time to ponder upon things revealed to us. Sometimes it is in the time of pondering we learn truly what God has for us. As I stood outside yesterday and felt the sun shining down on me I thought about how the warmth of the Son I feel. God is so good to provide exactly what is needed. My emotional tank got filled up yesterday outside. I am so thankful for the way my physical body is functioning. I am thankful for the way God continues to keep the MS in control. Tomorrow when I get the MRI results from the neurologist I know I may have decisions to make regarding medication and/or IV treatments. I do not want to do either but I also know God knows what I need to do and will give me wisdom. He gives peace no matter what situation I find myself in and for that I am grateful. A song Ryan Stevenson sings called "Eye of the Storm" is on my mind this morning...

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
And in the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm

Sometimes the storms of life are small and other times they are like a hurricane wrecking havoc in our lives. No matter the size or the strength God is still greater than any storm that comes our way. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that not only get us through the storms of life but empowers us to glorify You through them! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before not only myself but all pastors preaching today and paving the way for changed hearts! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray You empowerment over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: