Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "God Is In This Story"

Life is interesting. It is challenging. It has its ups and downs. Yesterday having intense tingling again in my face was disheartening. I had a couple weeks after the steroids where it had calmed down. It appears the steroids are out of my system now. MS is a disease that is so unpredictable. When it rears its ugly head, I get emotional. Yesterday I combatted the emotions by keeping busy. I tried to not think about what was happening. I know the MRI's next Monday will show if there is new activity or what is gong on. There may be decisions that come from the results. I am praying for God to be very clear to me on any decisions that need made. I also continue to pray for healing. It was twenty-eight years ago this month the process started for the diagnosis. That is a long time and I am thankful for every 'good' day I experience and asking God for more 'good' days. I am thankful I am able to function and be in a wheelchair. I also am thankful unless the type of MS I have changes to the more progressive one it is not life threatening. As I started to feel sorry for myself yesterday I thought about Katelyn who is fighting for her life against stage four cancer. There is always someone going through something worse. I thought about what it would be like to be twenty years old and be given that diagnosis. How devastating it is not only for her but for her family and friends. My heart breaks for her situation. I was grateful to get to talk with her over the phone yesterday before she went to surgery. When I got off the phone, the tears fell as I feel so helpless. I asked God to be so very real to her and for her to realize His love for her. Yesterday the song "God Is In This Story" came to my mind. I shared it on Facebook with the hope someone who needed to hear it would listen to it. I know I needed to think about the words. I need to trust Him with every aspect of my life. I need to allow Him to work in and through me as He desires. I need to remember I am not alone but He is always with me. Being a widow is very lonely but I am thankful for the people God puts in my life and Him in my life.

God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for being with Andy and his family with Katelyn's surgery! I pray it will give her relief from the symptoms she is dealing with. I also pray she will realize Your love in the days ahead. I pray for Rachael as she is faced with adjusting to her new life of widowhood. I pray Your peace and strength over others going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; Pastor Don;  Darryle and his family; Janis' mother; and Sherry's mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for healing with this tingling. Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.



No comments: