Saturday, January 7, 2023

Psalm 96 - "All Of Creation"


Last night watching the sunset was such a treat. Gathering a couple shells for craft projects blessed me in abundance. As the sun went down I once again was reminded of how God uses His creation for His glory. Yesterday morning the moon was shining brightly as I was driving and again last night it showed itself. Walking in the woods and looking up seeing the sun shine brightly through the trees yesterday was another blessing. 


Once again God blessed me throughout the day through nature. He blesses all who will accept His blessings. He is a wonderful God even when life is challenging. He can be seen and experienced every day whether on the mountaintop or in the valleys of life. Psalm 96:1 tells us to sing a new song. Sometimes we need to let go of what used to be and allow Him to show us something new. Sometimes we need to be open to things we never would have considered before. No matter what we need to allow Him to guide us. It is hard to let go of the past when we are fearful of the future. We do not have to be fearful but instead need to trust God. When I was struggling with some nasty tingling yesterday, the 'what ifs' once again came into my mind. Once again I pushed them out because I know whatever is ahead God is with me. As my Momma told me last week, 'You've been through ugly before.' In my humanness I do not want to go through ugliness but if that is what is ahead I will embrace it and allow God to be glorified through it. Spurgeon wrote something interesting about a new song that I will ponder upon. A new song, always new; keep up the freshness of your praise. Do not drivel down into dull routine…. We have new mercies to celebrate, therefore we must have new songs. No matter what we are facing we must remember God is with us. Life can be challenging but nothing is too great for Him. Nothing surprises Him. I am reminded this morning of a song called "All of Creation"...

And all of creation sing with me now
Lift up your voice and lay your burden down
And all of creation sing with me now
Fill up the heavens let his glory resound

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that comes down upon me every day! Thank You for nature that speaks to me in abundance! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You.  I continue to pray for strength for many going through difficult days. I pray Your strength for Andy and his family with Katelyn's situationI pray Your peace over David with the sudden loss of his father, Rachael with the loss of Pastor Bill, Susan with the loss of her husband Larry, and my cousin Debbie with the loss of her sister. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Darryle and his family; and Janis' mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. I pray for healing with this tingling. Thank You for being My New Song! Amen.

No comments: