Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Light Your World"

Yesterday I had an opportunity to go to Widgeon Point to see sunrise but the fog was too thick to see it. I had an opportunity to see the sunset but the weather did not cooperate. These are two of my favorite things to do yet neither of them happened. I had the choice to be upset or enjoy the rest of my day. I chose to enjoy the day. I still had a walk in the woods and when the sun finally came out I enjoyed it. Yesterday morning walking I took this picture of the trail going back to the car. The fog was present yet the colors of the trees were vibrant. I picked up some shells while there that were unique in color. Even though the sky was hidden by the fog you could still see the blueness of it. God makes color for a purpose. Color shows us the beauty of God's creation. Even though the sunrise was different yesterday it was still a beautiful morning. In the midst of the grayness of the morning I still saw color all around me. As I look at this picture of the path I am reminded that the path we are on may not be clear but as long as we allow God to direct us we will be blessed. The path we are on may be foggy as yesterday but as long as we strive to stay in relationship with Him we will receive His wisdom and direction. Our path may change but as long as God is our focus we will be OK. I had a conversation with my Momma yesterday that broke my heart but at the same time encouraged me. She is in a 'tough' place in life and is miserable yet she never gives up leaning into God's strength. She continues to trust God to show her what to do. I am so grateful to have her as my Momma. I am grateful for the way her and my Daddy lived as examples of living for the Lord no matter what was happening in life. They went through so much yet over the years yet neither of them ever gave up on God. They chose to see the colors of life through His eyes no matter if the colors were bright and vibrant or if they were dull. We cannot always be bright and vibrant but we can always choose to be colorful for God. We can turn 'ugly' situations into  beautiful ones by speaking life over people. We can turn gray and dreary days into something special by allowing God to work in and through us. We can take a 'plain' day and turn it into something special by finding ways to love with His love. I am reminded of an older song called "Light Your World" this morning...

It only takes a little time
To show someone how much you care
It only takes a little time
To answer someone's biggest prayer
Light your world, let the love of God shine through
In the little things you do, light your world
And though your light may be
Reaching only two or three, light your world

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for showing me how a foggy sunrise is still colorful and beautiful! Thank You for encouraging me to be colorful for You no matter what is happening in life! Cleanse me so You will become greater in me. I pray Your peace over many going through 'dark' days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Color Maker! Amen.

No comments: