Monday, December 19, 2022

Matthew 1:21 - "Praise Song"


What an awesome day I had yesterday! Woo hoo! I started off watching the sunrise at Widgeon Point before going to church. We had our Christmas program yesterday which blessed me in abundance as different ones shared in speaking, singing, and playing guitars. After the service our time of fellowship over lunch was priceless. I ended the day with watching the sunset at Land's End which was once again a blessing. Gathering shells for more craft projects always excites me as I see the way God makes each of them different just as He makes us different. I love when He puts something unexpected before me in nature. Last night's find was a cross made from two twigs grown together. So amazing! Something so simple yet has such a powerful message in it. This Christmas season seems to have more of a focus on not only Jesus' birth but His death and resurrection. He came to this earth with a purpose and that was to be a Savior for all. When God brought Him in the form of a baby, He knew He would die for all. Jesus fulfilled His purpose many years ago and desires us to fulfill the purpose He puts upon our lives. The two twigs grown together had a purpose to make a cross to be seen as a reminder of Jesus. A simple yet powerful message. I brought it home with me but then thought maybe I should have left it for someone else to see. On second thought I like having it as a reminder of my day yesterday. We all need reminders of God's love from time to time. Yesterday afternoon I had an opportunity to pray with a friend. Actually, when God brought her to my mind I started praying for her and He stopped me. 'No, Daughter. Pray with her' were the words I heard. With many miles between us I dialed her number and did just that. I shared about how God loves us so much and shows that love through having people pray with us. After I prayed she shared how I made her feel so loved and she needed that greatly. It wasn't me but God who directed me. Later in the evening I had an opportunity to pray over the phone with another friend who is going through a tough situation in a relationship. I am so grateful for today's technology that makes it easy to do life with people even when apart. I am grateful for the way God uses nature to bless me such as experiencing sunrise and sunset yesterday. I am grateful for all the ways He blesses me but especially for Him being my Savior. I am reminded this morning of a song Third Day sings called "Praise Song" and praising Him for Who He is in my life...

We praise You, oh, Lord for the love that You give
And the time that You spent on this world for our sins
We lift up Your name in honor and praise

In Jesus we place all our love and our faith

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the opportunities to experience sunrise and sunset yesterday! Thank You for a wonderful time with my church family! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult times. My heart breaks for those who are grieving over the loss of loved ones this holiday season whether it be in a physical death, a death of a relationship, or a death of what 'normal' life was for them. May You be so close to all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, I pray against the tingling and ask for restoration in my health. Thank You for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: