Thursday, December 8, 2022

Hebrews 13:8 - "My God Is Still The Same"

Yesterday's time at Robert Smalls Academy with the "Giving Project" blessed me in abundance. Seeing the children's smiles when I explained the process of them 'buying' a gift for their parents, grandparents, etc. with their 'Santa bucks' was priceless. I love how the teachers not only know the children but know the parents. That was very evident as they helped the children pick out gifts. It was amazing that about sixty children shopped and had their two gifts wrapped in an hour. The time flies by so fast but is so rewarding. I am so thankful for my ladies who participate in this project and show Jesus' love to not only the children but the teachers too. That is what life should be about. Being Jesus to a hurting world. Showing kindness over all. Sharing a smile in the chaos of this world. Speaking life over all we meet. None of these things cost one little penny yet they can make an impact for life. Investing into people is what God desires of us. We do not have to know what people are going through to love them with Jesus' love. We do not have to know the particulars of a request to pray. We need to be in relationship with God so when He speaks we not only hear Him but we walk in obedience to His will. Last night I had an unexpected opportunity to go to Land's End for sunset. As I walked and picked up shells I thought about how God makes each of the shells unique just as He makes us unique. He knows what the waves tossing them about will do to them just as He knows what the 'waves of life' do to us. The brilliance of the sunset is designed by Him with a purpose only known by Him. As I took this picture of the sunsetting through the trees I thought about how each picture I take captures only a moment in time. That is how life is. It is full of snapshots of bits and pieces of our life. There will be different people throughout our life we make memories with and do life together. Our circumstances will change. Our attitude will change. Life changes but God remains the same. His love for us never quits. When we fall, He is there to pick us up. When we do not do as He desires, He shows us mercy and grace. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the words to a song Sanctus Real sings called "My God Is Still The Same"...

Just ask the waves
If they are stilled at the mention of His name
They'll say my God is still the same
Ask the walls
If they still fall at the mighty sound of praise
They'll say my God is still the same

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the "Giving Project" at the school! Thank You for Nancy, Rhonda, Carol, and Pastor Cait who poured Your love into the children and teachers! Thank You for each contact made yesterday to build Your Kingdom! Thank You for the opportunities You will put before me today to be You to others! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Pastor Nancy, Coach Mike, and Andy who are having medical procedures today. May they all experience Your peace. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: Sherry and her family, Joyce and her family, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Sameness! Amen.

No comments: