Sunday, December 4, 2022

Matthew 12; James 1:19 - "Speak Life"


The first thing I did when waking up was to pray for pastors who will be preaching today. I specifically prayed for those who are discouraged. The Lord took me to Matthew 12 where Jesus talked about our words. We will all be accountable on Judgement Day for every word we speak. This accountability is not just for pastors but for everyone. Do we speak harshly or gently? Do we speak truth or not? Do we speak with God's authority or allow the enemy to have control over our words? Do we affirm others with our words or tear them down? Do we speak words of beauty or words of ugliness? We need to think before we speak. That is not always easy because at times we speak in the heat of the moment. James 1:19 tells us we should be slow to speak. We need to think before speaking. I had a situation this past week where I felt like I was not the one responding to a person but instead the Holy Spirit took over. Confirmation was receive by them on a couple things through His words. That blessed my heart. Many times as we listen to people we are thinking of the next thing we are going to say instead of truly listening. God desires us to listen. He desires us to allow Him to speak through us. The biggest blessing in life is when we "Speak Life" over people. We all need to "Speak Life" to all we meet so we encourage people through our words.

So speak life, speak life.
To the deadest darkest night.
Speak life, speak life.
When the sun won't shine and you don't know why.
Look into the eyes of the broken-hearted;
Watch them come alive as soon as you speak hope,
You speak love, you speak...
You speak life, you speak life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for speaking words of life over me which empowers me to speak words of life over others! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I affirm others through my words in a new, different way today. I pray for those going through difficult days to have someone before them today to "Speak Life" over them. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Life Giver! Amen.

No comments: