Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "We Won't Be Shaken"


Yesterday started out great but became very challenging with multiple delays with travel. After over three hours of sitting on the tarmac some of the natives were getting restless. I had prayed throughout the day and asked others to also pray. I was beginning to think this trip to Ohio was not going to happen. We actually left the gate once only to go back for a maintenance issue. Throughout the delay time I asked God what the purpose of all of it was about. i asked if I were suppose to go or not. All kinds of thoughts went through my mind. I had the opportunity to talk with some people and share my story which blessed me in abundance. I also had messages of three people who were taken to the hospital with serious health issues and had time to pray for them. It was just a different kind of day full of frustration. It does no good to allow frustration to ruin a day nor does it do any good to complain. As I was sitting there waiting I thought about how people see our reaction in such situations. If we show peace, they will wonder why. If we keep a smile on our face, they will wonder why. If we speak life instead of complaining, they will wonder why. The answer is plain and simple. Trusting Jesus no matter what is happening in life is key. I am reminded this morning of Proverbs 3:5-6 that tells us to trust God and not try to figure things our on our own. Yesterday morning I watched a flock of ducks and a single goose 'sharing' their space in the pond. The goose wasn't too happy with sharing and moved when the ducks got closer. I thought about how we, as humans, can be like that. We can get up a 'miff tree' and not want to be around people. We can feel overwhelmed with life and just want to be away from everyone. Those scenarios happen but what we must remember is to trust God every day with all aspects of life and He will take care of things. He will smooth out the rough edges in relationships. He will give us wisdom on decisions we need to make. He will love us through tough times. Praise His Holy Name! This morning I am reminded of a song called "We Won't Be Shaken" that Building 429 sings.

Whatever will come our way
Through fire or pouring rain
No, we won't be shaken
No, we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken
No, we won't be shaken

Dear Jesus, Thank You for staying so close to me yesterday with all the flight delays! Thank You for people who prayed for me! Thank You for Andy taking me to the airport and for June picking me up from the airport! Thank You for this time with my Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Jan and her family with her mother's situation and for healing for Sherri's momma. I pray for wisdom for doctors with Paula's hand surgery today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: