Sunday, December 18, 2022

Psalm 37:4 - "Miracle of Love"

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am one blessed lady. When I woke up yesterday, I was feeling a little down. I think the majority of why I was feeling like I did was due to the steroids. They can cause such mood swings but thankfully have not been too bad this time. My emotions have stayed pretty even keeled and my appetite has not gone crazy with this round. I am grateful for both of these things. I felt lonely when I woke up and just needed a hug. My Daddy thought a hug could fix anything and gave them away frequently. I guess that is why hugging is so important to me. I was thankful to stop in and see my friend Sierra who always hugs me before going to the "Wreaths Across America" event. There I received hugs from Darrell, the boys, and Betty which blessed me in abundance. I love living in a military town and especially love events like "Wreaths Across America"! I love being a part of honoring those who served our country. I also love the way Darrell is teaching his grandsons to be involved in such things. After that event was a church Christmas party filled with laughter. What a fun time eating, playing games, singing carols, etc. I loved seeing the intergenerational activities happening. I am so blessed to be the pastor of a great group of people. I so look forward to this morning as we gather as a church family. I look forward to our time around the table after service as we fellowship. Most of all I look forward to doing life together with my church family who love me well. We are celebrating our fourth Sunday of Advent with the focus of love. God's love is so giving and available to all. We need to share it in ways people will receive it. This morning's Advent song is "Miracle of Love" and what a miracle Jesus' birth was for all of us. If He would not have came to this earth, we would not be here today. He came to die for all. Woo hoo!

A baby born, a baby born
A miracle of love
A gift from God sent to us
From heaven above

Dear Jesus, Thank You for yesterday that was filled with blessings! Thank You for my church family who love on me so well! Thank You for the day ahead where I get to do life with them once again! Before going to sleep, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for other pastors. I asked You to bless them with a church family like mine. I know of some who are struggling in their current role and asked You to draw near to them. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, I pray against the tingling and shakies today and ask for restoration in my health. Thank You for being My Miracle of Love! Amen.

No comments: