Saturday, December 17, 2022

Psalm 18 - "See A Victory"

Yesterday was too long of a day with waking at 3:30AM and not climbing into bed until 1:30AM. It was too long of a day with driving over two hundred miles. Thankfully God was with me every step of the day. He was with me with His physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength. This morning He reminded me He is my source of power through David's writing in Psalm 18. In order for Him to be that I must stay plugged into Him. I must be in His Word, be in prayer, listening to Him and walking in obedience to Him, etc. I must be intentional in being in relationship with Him. David's life was full of challenges. There were times he fell into sin in his humanness but God was always there for him. When we fall short of what God desires of us, He is there for us. When we miss an opportunity He puts before us, He doesn't shun us but instead loves on us. Verse thirty of this Psalm shows us David was led from one victory to another. The beginning of this verse reads in the NIV, As for God, his way is perfect... We are not perfect but when we strive to be Christ-like our life will be different. When Jesus died on the cross, He knocked the enemy down. When He rose from the dead, the enemy was squashed. Jesus had one victory after another and we can do the same. God is the source of our power over the enemy. When we are physically spent, He carries us through. When we are emotionally drained, He is there to fill our tank. When our brain is not functioning properly, He is there to guide decisions made. When our finances are a mess due to bad decisions, He is there to guide and restore. When our spiritualness is faltering, He is there to strengthen us through His Word. I am so thankful for Him in my life. I am reminded of the song "See A Victory" this morning and feeling blessed to know I do not have to do the day ahead alone.

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me every step of a very long day yesterday! Thank You for: the protection in my travels; my time with Cait, Libby, and Donna; my time last night with Jimmy and Eli; and for all the blessings of the day! Thank You for going before me today with all that is on the schedule! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through this difficult holiday season. Some are struggling with physical issues. Some are struggling with the death of loved ones. Some are struggling with relationship issues. So, so much hurt in this world. No matter what our circumstances may You be realized as our source of power and "See A Victory" in the day ahead. I pray this over all who are struggling. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, I pray against the tingling today and ask for restoration in my health. Thank You for being My Source of Power! Amen.



No comments: