Thursday, December 22, 2022

Psalm 98 - "Good Lord"


Goodness it just seems like it will never stop raining. The sun came out for a few minutes yesterday but with temps in the forties it was still frigid. Every time I was awake during the night I could hear the rain coming down. The Lord took me to Psalm 98 this morning. This Psalm reminds me to praise Him no matter what is happening in life. I was thinking during the night about how the rain coming down in the physical sense is like how 'rain' falls in all areas of life. It seems like every time I turn around someone is asking for prayer for things they are going through. My heart breaks for all but I know we have to go through such times for our faith to grow. When life is easy, we tend to think we don't need God. We must remember we always need Him. David encourages us in the beginning of Psalm 98 to Sing a new song to the Lordfor he has done wonderful deeds. How can you sing a new song when your child is gravely ill in the hospital? How can you sing a new song when you lost your spouse? How can you sing a new song when you are so far behind on your bills that utilities are being shut off and there is no money for food and gas let alone for Christmas presents? How can you sing a new song when you feel like killing yourself? These are all situations people are dealing with daily. They are true life situations that don't just go away. Telling someone you will pray for them is great but actually praying with them is even better. Sharing community resources with them is something that does not cost a thing yet can be very helpful. Inviting them into your home for a meal goes beyond just the food being provided but also provides friendship. This morning I am asking myself how I can sing a new song to the Lord. What can I do to make a difference in someone's life? I know I need to listen more to the Lord for His direction and allow Him to take me wherever He so desires. He is so, so good. I am reminded of a song David Leonard sings called "Good Lord"...

I may not know what tomorrow holds

But I know one thing for sure

Good Lord, I got a good Lord

Every day, every step of the way it's You who opened the door

Good Lord, I got a good Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Father, there are so many hurting people and the holidays seem to bring more hurt than normal. May You be so very real to all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Good Lord! Amen.

No comments: