Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Psalm 91 - "Hills and Valleys"

This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 91 as I prayed for a friend going through a major life change. David wrote this Psalm to show us we need to trust God no matter what our circumstances. When we are faced with challenges in life, we need to trust Him to see us through. When the challenges of life become overwhelming, we need to lean into His strength. When we don't understand what is happening, we need to allow Him to give us His wisdom. There is a part in Psalm 91 that speaks of how we get through challenging times. Verses fourteen through sixteen tells us when we allow God to be Who He desires in our life, we will realize His love for us. They read in the VOICE:

“Because he clings to Me in love,
    I will rescue him from harm;
    I will set him above danger.
Because he has known Me by name,
15 He will call on Me, and I will answer.
    I’ll be with him through hard times;
    I’ll rescue him and grant him honor.
16 I’ll reward him with many good years on this earth
    and let him witness My salvation.”

God desires to not just see us through challenging times but He desires to be glorified through them. He desires us to trust Him as we learn what He has for us. God does not desire to see any of us suffer but sometimes it takes suffering to get us to realize how much we need Him. Sometimes it takes going through the valleys of life for us to realize Who He is to us. As I prayed for my friend going through a major life change the word 'trust' continued to come to my mind. I also pray she will allow God to show her His plan in His time. Sometimes we get antsy and try to manipulate circumstances to get things to go the way we desire. What we need to do is allow Him to work in and through us. This morning I am reminded of the words to the song "Hills and Valleys"...

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the One who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain, I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley I know I am not alone
You're God of the hills and valleys
Hills and valleys
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with taking Momma to a doctor appointment, lunch with June, and seeing a high school friend! Thank You for the blessings ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray for my friend going through a major life change. May she receive Your peace. I pray peace over many who are finding themselves in the valleys of life. Jan and Sherry as both of their mothers are going through issues. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Valley Companion! Amen.

No comments: