Friday, December 9, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3:1,11 - "The Goodness"


Living in Ohio for my first fifty-five years of life gave me lots of memories of enjoying the different seasons. Fall was always my favorite with the beauty of the changing leaves, the crisp air, etc. Moving to South Carolina was an adjustment in many ways but especially with the seasons. I remember the first time we traveled to Florida in February and I walked on the beach barefoot. I was blown away that was possible. It was my first time leaving Ohio for warmer climate in the winter and I loved it. The other night when the water came up into my crocs it was cold but I still marveled at living in such a place. Yesterday looking through the banana trees out over the woods blessed me in abundance. Seeing color sprinkled in the trees is a blessing to my spirit. It put a smile on my face. The seasons of life can be colorful and beautiful or they can be drab and ugly. A 'dry' season can hit you like a ton of bricks where you feel like you are not going to get through the tough things happening. It is then you must trust God and allow Him to grow your faith deeper. Many times a 'dry' season is also a 'waiting' season. You must wait on God instead of manipulating circumstances to be as you think they should be. You may find yourself so caught up in a 'busy' season that God has to stop you so you can hear from Him and walk in obedience to His will. This is what happened when I was initially diagnosed with MS. I prayed for patience in life and spent four months in bed, wheelchair, using a walker, then a cane, and finally back on my own strength. My life has experienced many seasons both in a physical sense and in a spiritual sense. The best season is that of 'contentment' which can occur in 'good' times and 'tough' times. Having His peace is the best season of all. I have a song Toby Mac sings on my heart this morning called "The Goodness"...

Ain't no doubt about You
Everywhere that I go
You keep showin' up
Lord, You make me wanna shout it, oh
You're the goodness in my life
And I'ma tell you my truth
They may come, they may go
You keep showin' up, sure do
Ain't no doubt about it
You are, You are the goodness in my life

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels and Andy's procedure going well! I continue to pray for Jack as he has a scheduled procedure and Doug with his procedure today. May You continue to give all of them Your peace. I pray the same for many going through difficult seasons in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: Sherry and her family, Joyce and her family, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through me today. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: