Thursday, December 15, 2022

Jeremiah 33:3 - "In Jesus Name (God of Possible)"

Last night in Bible study Ms Carol reminded us that we need to be thankful no matter what is happening in life. This also came out in a conversation with a friend Sunday and in the sermon. God has a purpose when He continues to put something before you. This is a great reminder for all of us. I think this time of year with all that happens around the holiday season it is especially a good reminder. I shared last night when I was having such a hard day physically Sunday I thanked God for the ability to drive, function, preach, etc. I thanked Him for a great day that not only included time with my church family but a birthday party spent with some of my little guys and a visit with friends at my house. I thanked Him yesterday for lessening in the tingling in my head/face. I thank Him this morning for eight hours of sleep last night. I thank Him I was able to go back to sleep each of the four times I was awake. God is so good on the mountaintop and He is so good in the valleys of life. He is so good to provide exactly what we need in His time. When I woke at 2:30 yesterday for the day, He crafted three sermons before 7AM. It was one of those times when I could not type fast enough. He gave me insight into the direction of the sermons He desires over the next few months. I am excited for the time when He reveals more for them. This morning He reminded me of a verse He gave me at Family Camp in June. Jeremiah 33:3 is direction for all of us. Jeremiah was imprisoned at the time the Lord spoke to him. There are different types of imprisonment other than the actual physical imprisonment. We can be imprisoned by our own thoughts, by words spoken over us, by things the enemy puts before us, etc. God is there to break the chains of such things. He is always there to not only love us through such times but to stretch our faith and empower us to trust Him more. Katy Nicole sings a song called "In Jesus Name (God of Possible)" that resonates in my heart for many people...

I speak the name of Jesus over you
In your hurting, in your sorrow
I will ask my God to move
I speak the name 'cause it's all that I can do
In desperation, I'll seek Heaven
And pray this for you
I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus' name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus' name
In Jesus' name

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the reminder to be thankful no matter what is happening in life! Thank You for my church family who love on me so well! Thank You for another day of life ahead and for the tingling lessening! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray "In Jesus Name" over many going through valleys in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, and Pastor Nancy. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: