Sunday, December 11, 2022

Psalm 93 - "I Am Not Alone"


God took me to Psalm 93 this morning as a reminder the promises found in His Word are applicable today just as they were yesterday. This Psalm reminds us everything that was foretold years ago will happen in God's time. It also reminds us to stay 'right' with Him. We never know when our last breath will be taken on this earth. Our time as an individual could be up at any time or Jesus could return and the time on earth for all will be gone. We never know. We can be assured of living with Him for eternity when we live for Him while on this earth. When we fall into the antics of the enemy, God is there to love us back. Praise His Holy Name. It is never too late to get 'right' with God. He never gives up on us but instead pours out His love, mercy, and grace over us as we allow Him. I am grateful for the way He pours Himself into me. In my darkness hours, He is there to light the way. In my lowest moments, He is there to lift me up. When life seems too overwhelming to breathe, He is there breathing life into me. Some days are just harder than others. It seems like some days are spent taking a step forward only to take two steps back. On such days He reminds me I am not alone and do not have to do life on my own. This morning I am reminded of a song Kari Jobe sings called "I Am Not Alone" and feeling blessed...

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear
I am not alone, I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me...

Knowing I am not alone is key to getting through life without losing my mind. I may be physically alone but God is always with me. I can feel His presence and strength as I lean into Him. When life gets overwhelming, I need to lean in harder to experience His strength in a greater way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly and reminding me "I Am Not Alone"! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray not only for myself but for all pastors to be empowered today to speak boldly what You have given each one of us. I pray Your peace and strength over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: Sherry and her family, Joyce and her family, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates and I pray the 'hippie hippie shakes' calm down. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: