Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Romans 12:1-2 - "Relate"


I will be glad when these 2:30AM wake-up times are finished! Only a couple more days of the high-dose prednisone then a couple weeks for it to stay in my system and then I will be back to my normal routine. I am so thankful this round of prednisone has not made me extremely hungry as it usually does. This is the first time to not gain weight while on it. My new habits continue to be just that. Good habits. Those are important in life. Physically eating right, exercising, etc. is crucial to honor the temple God has given us in our bodies. Emotionally allowing yourself to heal from hurts in life, letting the tears fall when they come, and not being too hard on yourself is so important. Financially allowing God to be in control of every purchase made, when and how to spend money, etc. is a must. Spiritually being in the Word, praying, being loving to all, etc. is key in living in God's will. I am reminded of Paul's words in Romans 12. He speaks about the importance of living for God. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture: We receive from the Lord every day the fruits of his mercy. Let us render ourselves; all we are, all we have, all we can do: and after all, what return is it for such very rich receivings? It is acceptable to God: a reasonable service, which we are able and ready to give a reason for, and which we understand. 

God's love, grace, and mercy are available 24/7 as we allow Him to live in and through us. When we fall, He doesn't turn His back on us but instead loves us back into full relationship with Him. When we miss an opportunity He gives us, He doesn't make it just a one-time thing but gives us more opportunities. He empowers us through the Holy Spirit to live as He desires when we walk in His presence. The desire to walk in His will is strong but there are times when that falters due to our circumstances, other people, etc. In this Scripture Paul tells us we will be transformed as we live for Him. Transformation is a process of change. Sometimes change is hard because our humanness kicks in. We fall into the trap of saying 'I can't' when in fact if it is of God we can do anything. Life can be challenging yet God is there to lift us up and encourage us. I praise His Holy Name for never giving up on me. I am reminded of the words to the song "Relate" this morning...

Have you ever been left when you should've been loved?
Has there ever been a time when you stayed but you should've run?
'Cause I've been real, I've been fake
Been a sinner, been a saint
I've been right, I've been so, so wrong
Yeah, I've made my mistakes

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for lessening with the tingling! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your love and peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, and Pastor Nancy. I praise You for a meeting between a father and his prodigal daughter yesterday and pray for continued reconciliation. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: