Saturday, December 10, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3 - "How Great Thou Art"


The Christmas season is joyful for most but not for all. Fifty years ago the Christmas season was so hard with going through my sister being murdered the end of that October. 2019 was hard with knowing it was probably Doc's last Christmas on this earth. 2020 was hard with losing both him and Mordecei that year along with having my fall off a ladder that resulted in a rod and screws in my arm. 2021 was hard with losing my Rickey one year ago today. I told Cait the other day I'm beginning to not like this season which is sad. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year with celebrating Jesus' birth. Being away from my biological family is hard yet I know even if I were in Ohio my time would still be limited with them. No gifts under the tree is different than when the boys were growing up. Waking up alone on Christmas morning will be a first for me this year. Last year I woke up at my Momma's house. Seasons of life change and we must be willing to 'go with the flow' through them. We must be willing to allow God to heal our hurts, encourage us, love on us, etc. He does that in various ways. He blesses us through making new memories, people who love on us, words to encourage us. Last year when I received 'the call' to go to Ohio for my Rickey's last moments on this earth I was so blessed through Anna, Michael, and Matthew. I was blessed in the way they accepted me into their Dad's life and shared those last moments with me. I was blessed in all the memories we made in such a short time over the eleven months God gave us. What a treasured gift! I am blessed with all the pictures taken, laughs that happened, places we went, etc. The short season of life with my Rickey was rich in so many ways. Knowing he went to be with the Lord when he left this earth is priceless. The healing he provided in my life over Doc's death is something only he could give. We would talk about what he and Doc did growing up and I heard stories only he could tell. One of my favorite memories of our time together was actually when we were seven hundred miles apart. I was driving down Carteret Street with my sunroof open and the sun shining down on me. He was at home in Ohio playing "How Great Thou Art" on the mandolin with both of us singing. How precious of a memory that is in my memory bank! We had dreams of life together. We talked of getting married and having an Ohio home and a South Carolina home. Those dreams were not to be. Sometimes I ask God 'Why?' but I realize everything happens in His time. I am sad as I think about a year ago yet I am happy for the time I had with him. 'My Rickey season' was a blessing I am grateful for and will always treasure. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for 'my Rickey season' that gave me many memories to think about today! Thank You for being close to Anna, Michael, and Matthew as they remember their Dad every day but especially today! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your peace come down upon all who are hurting. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: Sherry and her family, Joyce and her family, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Season Maker! Amen.

No comments: