Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Psalm 77:11-12; Philippians 4:6-8 - "Into the Sea"

Peace...sweet peace...complete peace. This week's sermon challenge is to focus on Philippians 4:6-8. Paul encourages us to not be anxious but instead to pray and allow God to pour His peace down over us. He also encourages us to focus on positives so the enemy does not have an open door in our life. I said Sunday the sermon was for me just as much if not more than for anyone else. Sunday was a chaotic day where it seemed like everything went wrong that could but I know that is not true. It could have been a lot worse and I need to thank God for being with me every step of the day. I need to praise Him for the strength He continues to provide physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Yesterday talking with the neurologist brought back lots of memories of past times where the MS was going crazy. I am thankful this is just a little bump in the road and I am still functioning physically. I shared with Marlene and Jim last night if I have to live with the tingling in my face/head for the rest of my life I know I can because God is my strength. I pray the prednisone will kick it back into behaving itself but if it doesn't I will deal with what is ahead. None of us know what is ahead from one day to the next but when you deal with a disease life can be even more challenging. It seems like many are going through challenges right now not only with physical issues but many with relationship issues. I have talked with many struggling with the holidays. I spoke with one lady yesterday who told me she always has her tree up and house decorated by now but it has not happened. There is nothing major going on in her life but she is struggling to get into the holiday spirit. It made me think about the last two years. I struggled with the holidays in 2019 'knowing' they would be our last with Doc on this earth without a miracle happening in his life. I struggled in 2020 with him and Mordecei no longer with me and having the contraption on my arm from my fall. I struggled in 2021 with Rickey getting COVID and dying. Yesterday when the doctor asked me if I had anything traumatic happen six to eight weeks ago to set this tingling off I chuckled. Not in the last six to eight weeks but I sure have over the last few years and the MS did not show it's ugliness. It just does not make sense. But it does not have to make sense to me because God knows the reason behind it. When she talked about the possibility of my medication no longer working, I almost went into a panic. I do not want to even think about changing medications but God quickly reminded me He knows what is ahead and everything will be ok. I am reminded of a song Paul shared with me right after Doc died called "Into The Sea"...

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

Yes! It will be OK no matter what when we allow God to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. I know I do not always do everything the way He desires and I miss opportunities He puts before me but He still loves me and for that I am thankful. He reminded me this morning through Psalm 77:11-12 that He has been with me every step of my life and will continue to give me exactly what I need every day. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the prednisone that is going to kick the MS back to behaving itself! Thank You for being with my Momma today as she has another blood transfusion! Thank You for being with so many people going through difficult times. I pray for Joyce and her family with the loss of her sister. May You continue to be so very close to them. I pray for another friend who needs to hear from You on decisions she is making in her new life. I also pray for those struggling with relationship issues to seek Your will. I pray Your peace over them and over many dealing with physical, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual issues. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My OK Maker! Amen.

No comments: