Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Psalm 89 - "First"

The Lord took me to Psalm 89 this morning to ponder upon. As I read it I thought about a situation a fellow pastor is dealing with that is disheartening. I continue to pray for her to not just get through this time but for God to be glorified through it.  I thought about how hard the time was between Doc's death and getting the church into our building. Those were some of the hardest days I have ever dealt with and am thankful for the strength God provided during it. I thought about how God does not always reveal things to us but instead teaches us lessons through tough times. I remember many nights of falling into bed exhausted but not in the physical sense but the mental and emotional sense. God was there encouraging me to not give up. So many times I wanted to but I knew I needed to see the situation to completion. I remember one day sitting on the floor in the sanctuary crying and begging God to just let the time be over so we would be finally meeting in the building. It was less than eight months in between Doc's death and our first service in the building. That does not seem like long now but at the time it seemed like a lifetime. Recently at my two year review Pastor Sam commended me for not only the accomplishment of getting into the building but especially for doing it while grieving. I think God used the distractions of the process to help me through the grieving process. He reminded me multiple times that He was with me and I did not have to do anything on my own strength. Praise His Holy Name! As I pondered upon Psalm 89 this morning I stopped at verse five and read it in different versions. The VOICE speaks volumes to me. We need to praise God no matter what our circumstances. We need to praise Him when we are on the mountaintop and when we are in the valleys of life. He is always with us and will direct us as we allow Him. He loves us greatly and will never leave us. I told my friend last night that the result of the meeting she had was not a surprise to God. He knew she would be denied but He also knows the outcome of what is ahead. Sometimes we get frustrated in our humanness but we need to allow Him to be Who He is and take care of things. I am reminded this morning of the song "First" that Lauren Daigle sings. We must put Him "First" in our life if we truly want to live in the way He desires of us.

Before I speak a word
Let me hear Your voice
And in the midst of pain
Let me feel Your joy
Ooh, I wanna know You
I wanna find You
In every season
In every moment
Before I speak a word
I will bring my heart
And seek You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! What a blessing to receive so many hugs from my little guys throughout the day yesterday. You bless me in abundance through people, music, nature, etc. I am one blessed lady! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude. I continue to pray for my friend going through the building process for her church. I pray You will be so very real to her during these tough days. I also pray for Amber and John with his meeting today and for Katelyn with her scan. Father, as the days draw nearer to Christmas may more people realize You in their lives. May Your peace come down upon all struggling. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, I pray against the tingling and ask for restoration in my health. Thank You for being First In My Life! Amen.

No comments: