Friday, December 16, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "I Will Be Your Friend"

Seeing the sunset over the trees last night was so beautiful. I thought about how God blesses me in abundance through His creation. Over the course of the day there was rain and there was sunshine. That is exactly what we experience in life. The 'rain' that comes down can be a nuisance but needed to wash away the 'junk' of life and give a new perspective at times. It is necessary to have 'rain' in order to grow in our emotional and spiritual lives. I stood outside the other day when it was sprinkling looking up and allowing the raindrops to hit my face. As they did I thought about how God makes each raindrop unique just as He makes us unique. He takes care of every aspect of our lives when we allow Him to be Who He desires in us. There is a difference in the sunsets this time of year compared to back in the summer. The brilliant ones are few and far between. The time to catch a sunset is shorter and not always attainable. That is how life is. We go through seasons in life where life seems to be beautiful and others that are not. There are seasons where we feel like we can't wait to get through and others we want to hold onto as long as we can. I am so thankful no matter what season I am in God is with me. He blesses me in abundance with His strength to see me through the hard seasons. He is always there for me no matter what pouring His love, mercy, and grace out over me. I am one blessed lady and so thankful for my life. I am blessed by so many who I call my friend. They stand with me through all the seasons of life and encourage me greatly. I love doing life with them. I pray they are as blessed by me as I am them. I am reminded this morning of a song Michael W. Smith sings called "I Will Be Your Friend"...

I'll be your friend for a lifetime
Against the wind and the rain of every season
Won't walk away in the hard times
I will be your friend
I'm saying I will be your friend

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday! Thank You for protecting Marion from her fall! Thank You for the day ahead with the miles to be traveled and the things on today's calendar! I pray You will empower me to stay focused so I do not miss anything You have for me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for those who are hurting to have people around them to encourage them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, and Pastor Nancy. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: