Friday, December 23, 2022

Proverbs 27:19 - "Echo"


Sometimes in the busyness of life we tend to forget why we are on this earth. God desires us to be a reflection of Him. That includes loving with His love. That looks different in different situations with different people. Some people need to experience God's love in a bold way while others need to experience it in a subtle way. Some need to feel Him through our words while others need to see Him through our actions. I am so blessed to have people in my life who love on me so well. The desire of my heart is to love on people as He so desires of me. I know I fall short at times but am thankful for every opportunity He puts before me. I am thankful even though He knows my shortcomings He still loves me. None are perfect but the more we strive to live as Christ the more we will realize what He desires of us. I love looking out over the pond and listening to what God has to say to me. I love the way He speaks to me through nature. The beauty of His creation is priceless. Even on dreary days such as what we have been experiencing I am still blessed through His nature. When I have a few days without seeing sunrise or sunset, all I have to do is reflect back through my memory bank of ones in the past. I look through pictures I have taken and am blessed in abundance. Going through the pictures gives me a warm fuzzy feeling as I remember each experience. As I think about reflecting God this morning I have to stop and ask myself how well I do it. Do I reflect Him just when it is convenient for me or at all time? Do I allow Him to use me as His servant at all time or just when it works into my schedule? Do people see Him in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts? So many questions to ponder upon as I start a new day. This picture I took the other day shows the beauty of the sunsetting over the pond. The reflection given is perfect in the brilliance of the different colors. That is exactly how our life can be as we reflect God. I am reminded this morning of a song Blanca sings called "Echo"...

I was made to leave a mark
Carry fire in my heart
No matter where I go
I want my life to echo You
I was meant to make You shine
Be a reflection of Your light
In everything I do
I want my life to echo You, You, You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for Your Word, music, and nature that encourage me to reflect You! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts reflect You today in a mighty way. Lord, I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. May they experience Your joy and love today more than ever before. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Life! Amen.

No comments: