Friday, December 30, 2022

James 5:13-16 - "Healer"

The Lord woke me in three times in the night to pray for three people. The number three has great meaning in my life. Anytime it comes up I realize it is a God thing. One of the people I prayed for is a young lady recently diagnosed with cancer. I prayed God would intervene in her situation not only in a physical healing but most importantly a spiritual healing. I prayed for wisdom for the doctors and comfort for her family. The second person in my prayers is a dear friend in ICU. Once again I prayed for wisdom for the doctors and comfort for his family. I prayed for God's peace to come down upon all. The third one I prayed for is a relationship between a boss and worker. I prayed for God to give wisdom to the boss as decisions need made. As I prayed for these three situations I was overwhelmed with how God uses me as His willing servant. I thought about how there are so many people on my prayer list with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs. Prayer is an avenue to draw us closer to God. As we pray and see answers to prayer our faith goes deeper. When our prayers are not answered as we desire, we sometimes get discouraged but we must remember God knows best. His timing is the best timing. I read James 5 this morning and was reminded of the importance of prayer. When we pray, it does not change God's mind but it changes us. Sometimes our prayers are not answered as we desire but when we are in relationship with God we realize the way they are answered is His desire. Jesus died on the cross for all of us. His sacrificial death was an atonement for our sins. When we accept Him in our heart, we are blessed with a relationship with Him. I desire to live as He desires of me. Sometimes I fall short but no matter what He still loves me. I am blessed with my prayer life not only for the way He answers my prayers but most importantly for the way He draws me closer in relationship to Him through those prayers. Believing in God is key for all. Trusting God with every aspect of life is crucial for all. Living for Him 24/7 is a gift for all. This morning I am reminded of a song Kari Jobe sings called "Healer" and praying for all to believe He can and will heal in His time and in His way. Sometimes healing comes in the form of death which is the ultimate healing. That form of healing can be difficult to accept but once again we must remember God knows best.

You hold my very moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Christmas with Paul, Liz, and Miss Bella; time with Linda and part of her family; and having Sharon, Carol, and Karen visit! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for the opportunity to pray for three people three times during the night! What a blessing You are in my life. I pray Your peace over them and many going through difficult times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; Darryle and his family; Janis' mother; and Sherry's mother, I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: