Sunday, December 25, 2022

II Corinthians 9:15 - "We Are The Reason"

Yesterday was one of 'those days' where it would have been so easy to give up. Losing electricity for a couple hours brought back bad memories of the year we lost power for days in Ohio from an ice storm. That time through me into a full blow MS exasperation that had major impact on the disease. Yesterday I prayed and asked God to not allow a repeat of that situation. Within two hours the electric was restored. Praise God! When I got to the church, there was no water due to frozen pipes. Thank God it wasn't like last year with busted pipes that caused us to have to replace the kitchen floor. By evening the water in the bathroom was working and hopefully when I go today the kitchen will be also. In the process of running the sweeper I ran over a napkin under a table I didn't see and it caught on fire. When I took apart the sweeper to get it out, the belt came off. I was so frustrated I just walked away from it. Thankfully that was the end of the 'junk' of the day. After service we had dinner and then I went with Alex, Cait and the kids to look at Christmas lights. It was so cold when we walked to see the last display but my heart was happy. It reminded me of days when I was growing up and then when my boys were growing up and we would go to see lights on Christmas Eve. I am one blessed lady. This morning when I woke up I thought about how different Christmas was this year. I am thankful the thing that never is different is Jesus' love for me. When I saw these presents in the display last night, I was reminded the greatest gift of all is Jesus. I also was reminded of a plague Betty gave me that says instead of buying presents we should 'be present'! I love that and am going to be more intentional in my relationships this coming year in being present with people. God put us on this earth to love everyone. He puts people in our path every day to love on. He also puts people in our path who love on us. What a blessing it is to feel loved. I am reminded this morning of a song called "We Are The Reason"....

As the years went by we learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves and what that means
On a dark and cloudy day, a man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love
Oh and we were the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so much that You died for my sins! Thank You for the restoration of the electric yesterday at the house and the water unthawing in the church bathrooms! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, empower me to be more intentional in my relationships. I pray Your peace and joy over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Greatest Gift! Amen.

No comments: